Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

British-isms

Patrick Sweeney

Vince,

Very impressed SIR !

You are exactly correct in your translation, moderated the sex phrase nicely and all in all 10/10.

Is there much Cockney slang spoke in the suburbs of HK or do you have a mate from the smoke out there with you ? :D

Sorry I am afraid the UKPSA could only afford to offer James waistcoat as the prize as no one claimed the ticket at the AGM raffle.

Hope you are well

Mike

PS best scene from Lock stock was the guy trying to fend of the boys who were armed with a Bren gun by shooting at them with an airgun - priceless :rolleyes:

should we give our US friends a lesson in Cockney rhyming slang....

'I couldnt believe my porkies, there was this sweaty, a pony in his fist having been to the sherman, in the rub-a-dub-dub having a britney, on the bone giving it large about having a dog and duck on the apples with some old tom, and then would you adam and eve it he was off on his dancers.'

and yes there are actual people who speak like that in real life. Oh the rich cultural heritage that london is. :(

There is a prize to the first non UK person to translate it. (One of James's stylish waistcoats)

Can someone fill in the blanks for me?

"porkies (pies)" - eyes?

"sweaty" - Scotsman, but doesn't rhyme

"pony in his fist" - I don't get this one one...how do you get cash in hand from it?

"sherman" - Again, how do you get bank from this one?

"rub-a-dub-dub (tub)" - pub

"britney (spears)" - beer

"bone" - phone

"dog and duck" - snog and XXXX???

"on the apples (and pears)" - stairs

"old tom" - huh???

"adam and eve it" - believe it

"off on his dancers" - huh???

Mike,

Just waaayyyyy too much British TV, over too many years - everything from Tommy Cooper (not like that, like that) , Morecombe & Wise, The Two Ronnies etc. - you name it, I think I've seen it :P

mpolans,

"old tom" - "tom hanks" = yanks

"off on his dancers" - obviously = feet

"pony in his fist" - "dog and pony" = money (I think) but I know it somehow means cash !!

Kurt

I thought the Agency's reach was far and nowhere is safe from swift decisive retribution ?? or is that rule 15b: "always lull the proposed target into a false sense of security especially in his home enviroment" :ph34r:

If you can do it, do it before the first comp of the year in 4 weeks ;):D

Mike

where ? Shield...BTW i not scared the CIA manage to miss often (chinese embassy anyone?)

Do you really believe that was an accident?

They had to get rid of evidence of the former president's underhanded dealings with them! ;)

ALERT! CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT! ALERT!

:lol: