Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bozeman MT

The Bozeman range (GAS) looks very nice. I went out there last weekend.

ETA - From where I was in Bozeman, it was about 24 miles west on the interstate

Edited by BerKim

thanks for the replies guys, I had never been to the range in Logan and was afraid it might just be a bench with a target stand at 100 yards and a gate.

Looks pretty nice actually.

Too bad its such a long drive from Bozeman.

25 minutes is nothing for Montana, I was used to driving to Missoula from Butte to shoot, 120 miles each way.

We used to count the drives by how much beer you could drink on the way, a 6 pack,a 12 pack, or a case trip.

The next closest would be Boulder or Missoula

I think Mrs. Heidkamps' bad boy Bret still resides in Bozeman, he can fill ya in on drive time to the GAS range. Seems to me like it only takes him about 12 minutes to get from downtown Bozeman to the GAS range, faster if he's runnin' late!

I guess I'm just spoiled. 25 miles each way isn't too bad.

I'm just a little gunshy because I've driven from Oregon to North Dakota and back about 12 times in the last year. Montana is a big state to cross east-west.

Also, I hate adding 2 gallons of gasoline to my shooting expenses a couple times a week. I'll just have to mentally shut that out and chalk up the extra gas to grocery trips or something.

Thanks for all the great replies, and glad to hear there are a couple active ranges around!

Hope to check things out in the next year or so when I can finally move back to Montana from Oregon.