Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Those that don't know what "Friend" means

I hate that the term "Friend" is thrown around so loosely that the meaning is gone for many. For me, friend has always been for life unless you lie or cheat. I have recently lost two of the closest friends I ever had due to dishonesty.

The friendships will never be recovered or repaired. If you are dishonest with me once, shame on you. Twice??? shame on me.

I hate that I am not a forgiving person. :angry:

Not forgiving at all? Friends are not supposed to be dishonest. If they are, then they get bumped from the list. I forgive family because I have no choice as they are tied to me by blood. Friends, though I have a choice. I think once is chance enough. If, over time, you feel that you can again trust that person, go ahead. Otherwise, friends can be found elsewhere. I still keep dishonest siblings at arms length though. I can only afford to trust the trustworthy.

They can come to my barbecue, they can meet our family for dinner, but a trip, or advice or confidences, that is what "friends" are for.

JZ

"This guy's walkin' down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "Hey you! Can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on. Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole; can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. "Hey, Joe, it's me. Can ya help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, "Are ya stupid? Now we're both down here." The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out"

JT

"This guy's walkin' down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "Hey you! Can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on. Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole; can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. "Hey, Joe, it's me. Can ya help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, "Are ya stupid? Now we're both down here." The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out"

JT

Very well put but what I hate is when you jump into that hole to help a "friend" and you are used as a ladder or stepping stool to get out and left there to find your way.

Maybe I am a little too full of Hate today. I am trying to get past it and for the most part I will. But I will not forget. At my age, true friends are difficult to come by, even harder to keep I guess.

Sorry Gary. Like everything else in life there are degrees of things. I have no idea what your so called friends did to you but in my experience friends and family can all disappoint me at times. Sometimes bad things can not be forgiven... many can. I don't consider myself perfect and I know I've let down people before. We are all flawed to an extent. Am I being dishonest to my wife when I don't volunteer her the info of my new gun purchases? :rolleyes:

However as I get older the "hate" feelings aren't as strong... as they would have been when I was younger. Hate it bad and only hurts you. Disappointment is more like what I feel. Hate is a feeling I reserve for child abusers and the like... Don't let the hate get you down... there are more good people than bad out there.... it's just a matter of focus.

I hope you are ok and it wasn't anything too bad.

I know what you mean. I truly hate it when you give someone the benefit of the doubt, in the hope that they will grow as a person and they just expect that benefit again and again. When they ultimately push it too far, they give you the "I thought we were friends" whine. Idiots! If they were really your friend, they would not put you in the spot to begin with. Much less put you in it again and again.

Good riddance! :angry: