Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Patrick,

I'm scheduled to be in Las Vegas for IPSC President's Council meetings on 9, 10, 11 February, after which I'm scheduled to attend SHOT for 2-3 days, however there's a distinct possibility I may have to cancel my trip at the 11th hour due to business committments here, which I'm desperately trying to circumvent.

If I do make it, I'll post my local LV cellular phone number here, so maybe we can hook up for a spot of tea and cucumber sandwiches ;)

Liota and I will be there, along with a few other local shooters. No crustless sandwiches, but I can already hear 99-cent biscuits and gravy calling my name from the Klondike...

"...lard-ass....over here, lard-ass....only 99 cents...have two orders...

:)

Alex

I will be arriving in Las Vesgas for SHOT on Monday Feb. 9th. I believe I have only missed 2 SHOT Shows since 1980. They were big back then and they are really big now.

Vince, I refuse to have tea and cucumbers sandwiches with you. also, the IPSC club, ssssHOOTERS is famous for chicken wings, not burgers. ;) I see I will have to help you eat right and learn to drink adult beverages. I really hope you do make the show.

Neil, if I recall correctly, I will not need to help you with any of these things. I am very much looking forward to seeing you again. :)

Patrick, I am sure I will see you at some of the media events now that you are with Primedia!

a spot of tea and cucumber sandwiches

Makes me wonder what part of the world the Shot Show is going to take place? :blink::blink:

Perhaps New Guinea? Mato Grosso? Sahara Desert? :wacko:

Y'all need to be taught on how to eat and drink decently! ;)

OTOH, I'll be more than glad to add that sHOOTERS club address to my preferred places list! :D

I'm arriving the evening of the 10th, then heading right out to the range sessions for writers on the morning of the 11th.

I'm there for the 12th and 13th, flying out the 14th. (I have to get ready for a photo trip to Italy. No guns, but I'll be paid to take photos of Rome, Venice, etc. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.)

The last time I stopped at sHooters, I had to buy all new clothes. Did you know that lipstick doesn't wash off at the laundromat? :P I told my wife I needed new clothes because of an oil spill at the gun show. :blink:

I'll be using the Primedia booth as a staging base, so you can probably leave messages there for me. I'll be trying to cover the whole thing, so look for a tall guy laden under photo gear and a Camelbak.

As for cucumbers, there is a Japanese appetizer made with them and other greens. Other than that, I don't know nothin' about no cukes!

To all you guys (and guyettes) coming to SHOT...

THE OUTDOOR CHANNEL party is (I believe) Saturday night, and I would personally like to invite everyone from Brian's list who's going to be at SHOT to the party.

You can reach me on my cell on the Show floor (303-258-9695), and I'll have invitations. Or stop by TOC booth (not sure of the number) and tell whomever is at the booth that I sent you over for an invitation...I'll let them know to expect a bunch of apparently homeless people!

I'm going to be doing SHOT Show teevee, and I'm not sure how that's going to slice and dice my time. Patrick, we need to sit down and talk a few minutes...you can always leave a message in the media room with the NSSF guys ot give me a call.

Look forward to seeing as many of you as I can!

Michael B

Men will always act like men, and women will love them anyway. :wub:

I am still excited about seeing eveyone at SHOT Show and the IPSC President's Council. Even though it is a hugh show and requires many miles of walking, I always look forward to it each year. :)

Well, heck, I guess everyone could guess that if Denise will be at the IPSC meetings and SHOT, I will be there as well. :D

Vince and Neil, Denise and I will be honored to accompany you to sssssHOOTERS for some wings. Not sure about the buns, the last I sampled them I got tossed out of the place. :o

Arnie

Sweeney;

All I can say is thank heavens you're going to *Italy,* not one of them alien countries like France, or, heaven help us, Sweden. You gotta love a country where everybody talks on cellphones all the time, drive like complete maniacs and even the little bitty children drink wine. Not to mention the fact that when an American makes even the most pathetic attempt to speak the language ("Please," "Thank you," "Red wine," "White wine," "I'm sorry" and "Where's the men's room?" should do it), you become Instant Extended Family and/or Long Lost Relation. While you're over there, ask Beretta when they're going to have their 1911 ready...

Michael B

PS: Seriously, I'm jealous! I *love* Italy! Except for Fiats.

Wait, wait, wait, WAITTAMINUTE there!

I thought this thread was about people going to Shot Show! :wacko:

Anybody coming to Italy? :blink:

Lemme know!

I'd be more than glad to meet some overseas forum members!

BTW:

- my son of four already drinks wine ;)

- I too hate Fiats :angry:

- not to mention my driving style... :D

Italy, SHOT Show, its all the same. Vince, it is strictly a working vacation, I'm not there to try the wings, the buns, legs, thighs or any other parts.

Mike, my wife is Italian on her mother's side, and used to speak it. Still can, if you give her a week to brush up. I agree about the friendliness. I'm trying to get into whatever plants I can, but I think taking a day out from the glories of Rome or Venice to shoot a match might just be too much for my wife.

Maybe the next trip.