Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do I Like? Cops!

CDRODA396

I'm retired military and hear "Thank You for Your Service" all the time, but how often do our brothers in Law Enforecment hear it unless they've just helped someone? I'm sure they dont hear it enough, its gotta be a tough job, only getting tougher as the world we live in devolves.

Well I'm saying it, to all our LEO Members, I Like You, and "Thanks for All You Do" ... you guys ROCK!

Thank you so much. Your kind words do go far with us. And thank you for your years of service in defense of our nation.

pat

Wholeheartedly agreed. Our Police forces are generally the unsung day to day heroes that never get the recognition they deserve.

Kudos to all of the LEO's out there! :cheers:

Thank you so much. Your kind words do go far with us. And thank you for your years of service in defense of our nation.

pat

Hey Pat,

I've told you this before... THANKS for all you, Wavie, Landis and the rest of the crew do down there! Thanks to you also Bart!

Thanks to all the other LEO's whose names I don't know!

All Y'all stay safe,

Pat

Hi

I am the author and owner of the copyright of an essay entitled

"Confessions of a Police Officer" which begins "I am a cop. That means

that the pains and joys of my personal life..." The essay can be viewed

in its entirety on my blog at

http://uneflic.blogspot.com/2007/05/confessions-of-beat-cop.html

This essay is being used without my permission at

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104190

in a post by "smokshwn."

I certify with my electronic signature that I am the owner of the

copyright.

I state that I have a good faith belief that the use of the content in

question is unauthorized. In fact, I know that the disputed use is not

authorized by me, the copyright owner.

I attest under penalty of perjury that the information contained herein

is accurate and I attest under the penalty of perjury that I am the

copyright owner.

While I am sure that the person using it is not aware of the copyright

(and I wish no disciplinary action to be taken against him/her) I must

ask that you please remove the offending post.

Thank you.

Jill Wragg

Edited by benos
removed copyrighted material

My retired detective friend was once called out in the middle of the night into one of our rural areas because some teen had drastically wounded his mother then buried her alive. The detectives were hurriedly digging her up with their bare hands (they weren't exactly carrying shovels in their cars) in hopes the women might--just might--still be alive. She wasn't. He was quite shaken by this incident.

Then there was the recent child abuse case where the parents beat their daughter viciously (for years, apparently) then eventually the police found her dead in a huge pool of blood in the household bathtub. The parents had two other children that they never abused--only this one lovely teenager. This was a huge news story locally and involved literally every law enforcement agency in the area. They all said this was one of the most disturbing cases they'd seen in ages.

A case we reviewed in citizens police academy was the beating death of a prostitute (with pictures) where there wasn't a surface in the room that wasn't totally covered with blood. Try and imagine that.

These are the things cops walk in on regularly here in this county, not to mention the drug murders and several-days-dead drug addicts living in filth in some hovel, using plastic buckets as toilets, etc., etc. Just the risk of contamination from some crime scenes would be enough to put off (or scare off) the average person, let alone having to dive in and deal with it.

Truly these people in law enforcement deserve our care and respect.

+100!

Have a few friends that became LEOs after HS and college. It is a hard profession. Very thankless for the most part.

:cheers: Here's to them, thank you!

Jimmy,

You just returned the favor in full. Thank you.