Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am also running this shotgun. Shot my first slugs through the gun this weekend. I shot two slugs and they both hit low and left about 8" at 50 yards. I let my friend shoot two and his also landed low and left about 10". Was using the improved cylinder choke with standard 1oz slugs. Need to try the modified choke to see if they will group tighter.

Welcome to the club! seems to be growing. From my shotgun the difference between IC, Cyl was nothing as far as impact at 50 yards. I added that fiber optic sight on the front and at 50 it prints right below the sight and you go out to 100 yards for the most part your gonna hit the end of a 5 gallon bucket everytime if you don't flinch LOL.

What slugs have you shot? the Remington reduced recoil seem to be my favorite and the shotgun likes them well also, it also like the full house Federal 1oz. I still have a few to try out but not a great fan of slugs unless I just have to shoot them! just installed as Kick Ezz recoil pad a couple of hours ago so we'll see what happens this weekend.

Have you done any mods to your shotgun? interested to hear what everyone has done so far. Later,

Kirk

Another match under the CZ's belt and it ran 100% the Kick EEZ recoild pad is a nice touch for sure as we got to shoot a couple slugs today and had to fire one left handed, I'm not so good left handed so I found another thing to practice :-) Later,

Kirk

I put a new stock on mine and I took it our PD range. I shot Federal low recoil LE slugs through it. WOW standing unsupported I put 4 shots touching at 25 yards with a called 5th shot flyer. I think I have the IC factory choke in now. Very impressed. I may have to order a case of slugs.

Schultz

I think I need to finally clean my gun. I shot a 3-gun match yesterday with 4 stages of shotgun. Three times I had an empty hang up on upon ejection. Twice it was easy as when I pulled it out the bolt closed on the next round once and another time it was on the last shot fired. One time I had to hit the bolt release afte removing the empty. I'll pull it apart, send my lifter off to C-Rums......finally....and drill out the gas ports just a little. I'll find out how dirty it is too. Maybe I'll remember to take some pics and get them up here.

If anyone knows how to load photos from an iPad, let me know.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother cleaning guns. Probably about 200 rounds through it since last cleaned. It sat all summer uncleaned and I've shot 2 matchs and practiced with it a few times since I came home from summer travels. I guess I need to shoot it more or something.....but then I'd go broke buying ammo. This thing is not dirty. Some carbon

I think I'm going to hold off on the lifter mod as I've yet to get my thumb caught in it. May smirk's tip that he pm'd me. I'm hesitant to cut springs....but what the hell.

Drink you a couple of beers it makes it easier LMAO kinda keep those PM conversations on the down low as some folks might frown upon things. The first time I know the guy who did mine would not screw something up and like me and this someone talked about springs are pretty cheap. I'm trying to find a spring maker to make a few of the light springs in the weights I have now and some a touch lighter thru heavy to the factory spring rate so I can find out what works then if all else fails and we can't get them from CZ we will have springs with nice square ends at the spring rates we can run powder puff loads from a shotgun made to shoot 3 1/4 dram loads.

If it's not dirty you need to shoot more :-) Later,

Kirk

Springs are strange beasts. Luckily most of them are fairly inexpensive. I thought keeping things on the down low was against forum rules. ;)

What's the word on that bolt release Kampr? You gonna make some more and sell them to us?

....and I did end up using the bronze brush on the gas rings. They were kind of nasty.

I sure isn't plastic! pretty sure it's Aluminum or some form of light metal. If your thinking about getting one go ahead the mods you need to do are simple and don't take much to get going. Later,

Kirk

Does anyone know where we can get a schematic. Be interested in seeing if I could find enough US parts for compliance.

glazer

If you go to the CZ web site and go to parts they have a parts list and a schematic. I just bought a Nordic Mossberg bolt handle and had it cut and welded to my stock bolt handle. The last thing left is a Briley bolt release and I'm done.

Some of you guys with the Benelli have had the bolt lightened what does that do?

Schultz

glazer

If you go to the CZ web site and go to parts they have a parts list and a schematic. I just bought a Nordic Mossberg bolt handle and had it cut and welded to my stock bolt handle. The last thing left is a Briley bolt release and I'm done.

Some of you guys with the Benelli have had the bolt lightened what does that do?

Schultz

I found the parts list and schematic. I don't think I would ever find enough US Parts to make it a go.

glazer

Schultz

I found the parts list and schematic. I don't think I would ever find enough US Parts to make it a go.

glazer, are you refering to 922r compliance? what mods are planning that will put you over?

Edited by speederx7

glazer

Schultz

glazer, are you refering to 922r compliance? what mods are planning that will put you over?

Yes. The extended Mag tube.

Edited by glazer1972

I ordered a CZ712 utility today to set up for a back up for me and for my son for 3-gun. I am going with Nordic components for the +4 mag extension. Any extended bolt handles available without modifying one? Any other advice or ideas? I see you can drill out the gas ports and have Crums weld the lifter. He did a great job on my SX3.

Thanks, gerritm