Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The end of the extension tube curls in. You just have to remove that lip all around until the follower and spring can come out without any obstructions. Then once it's out just clean it up so that the Nordic spring doesn't catch on anything.

The end of the extension tube curls in. You just have to remove that lip all around until the follower and spring can come out without any obstructions. Then once it's out just clean it up so that the Nordic spring doesn't catch on anything.

Ryan,

Thank you very much for the quick response. What would be the best tool or tools to perform this task? Perhaps someone new to the sport like me should consider a local gunsmith?

michael1778 there's a few of us that have been down the road to get the CZ running on light loads and running like a champ, I'd be more than willing to offer you some pointers. Most everything you need you probably have in your garage and I have found that some beer helps also :-)

That little lip on the mag tube just takes a little time with a dremel and either a sanding drum or one of the stones then some finer sandpaper and scotchbrite. No worries you can tackle it no problem. Later,

Kirk

michael1778 there's a few of us that have been down the road to get the CZ running on light loads and running like a champ, I'd be more than willing to offer you some pointers. Most everything you need you probably have in your garage and I have found that some beer helps also :-)

That little lip on the mag tube just takes a little time with a dremel and either a sanding drum or one of the stones then some finer sandpaper and scotchbrite. No worries you can tackle it no problem. Later,

Kirk

Kirk, thanks for the offer of support! I expect I'll take you up on that. Today I got my CZ 712 Utility and my Benelli SuperNova 24" :D

I want to mod them and be ready for my first match in January.

-- Mike

scored a CZ712 at my local gander mountain (Appleton, WI) tonight. On sale for $285!!! i got the last one at my store, but others might want to check around at their local stores. Cheapest I found it online was 390 (cheaper than dirt) and 408 w/ free shipping @ buds gun

looking forward to breaking it in!

Mine was a floor demo with minor cosmetic stuff on the left of the receiver. You have to hold it just right in the light to see it. I'll probably do that much damage my first couple of matches!

$299 for mine. Never fired from what I can see. I didn't get a manual, box, or more than the IC choke in it, but that's fine. One download later I have the manual. I'll order an extended choke to better match up to the upcoming magazine extension tube.

Seems we may be forming a new club of CZ 712 Utility owners here soon. ;)

Bur first, I need to get the magazine limiter out somehow......

michael1778, Dremel tool, sanding disc and you just remove the bend over on the end of the mag tube everything will pop right out then it will hold 5 rounds :-) be sure and give it a good polish after you remove the roll over. Take your time and you'll be golden. Later,

Kirk

You know were going to have to get some pics up, we may need to get a CZ owners group going. I'm thinking we better get them while they are cheap! when everyone finds out what a deal they are the prince might go up.

You guys are doing good on the prices! I'm never in the right place with money :-(

A buddy of mine called and is getting one next week and he is going to bring it over for me to work over, I will try to document the work with pictures for the guys who would like to try the work on their own or maybe even a video! you would just have to not pay attention to my hick voice LOL Later,

Kirk

You know were going to have to get some pics up, we may need to get a CZ owners group going.

I'll get some pics once I get some mods on mine. An owners group seems like a good idea to me. :cheers:

What is the "shortest" way to get 8+1 capacity? Do the Nordic +3 tube and then get the 3/4" cap? Go all the way to the +4 tube from the start? I don't mind the moderate extra cost of the +3 then cap if that combo gives the capacity with less length than the +4 alone. What about the NC clamp? I recall reading that someone had problems with it not fitting on the CZ? I was considering Briley for the magazine extension but it seems they only do 5+1, 7+1 and 9+1 from what I read on their site. Maybe that's only 3" shells, not the 2 3/4"?

I'm trying to keep the mag tube end as close to the muzzle as possible. I will order a couple of Briley extended chokes tomorrow to give the barrel an extra inch.

Hopefully, I can take this for a test drive at my local indoor range tomorrow or Saturday.

I never did measure my mag tube! I think it's the +3 as I can get 8 in the tube, 1 in the chamber, and 1 ghost load so I can get 10 in my shotgun. The tube sticks past the barrel about an inch now with the factory choke tubes but pretty sure a Briley will be in my future just have to make up my mind on either IC or LM! not a mess of difference so either way I should be ok.

The mag tube clamp just save your pennies they are useless on the short mag tubes. Best thing to do is call Nordic and tell them what you have and what you want they will hook you up! same with Briley. I called Dawson the other day and had a mess of questions and they were very helpful and a good thing I did as if I would have just ordered what I thought was right I would have been disappointed. Later,

Kirk

To find the size tube you want you can always measure from the base of the stock tube cap to the end of the barrel. Then get on nordic's sight and they will tell you how long each available extended mag tube is. That should give you the most detail.

I'll be making a couple of inquiries with Briley and Nordic tomorrow. Meanwhile, I just ordered a few cheap upgrades to my M&P15 Sport. Might actually make it into a nice gun. B)

I'm moving ahead on all fronts. Should have some time to train with everything before the match in January.

Edited by michael1778

Does anyone have exact measurements for the barrel lug to the end of the barrel? Or how far a +3/4+ nordic sticks out past the barrel? ksmirk- is it a +3 you have that is 1" past the barrel?

I've got a CZ712 Utility on its way, and would like to order an extension (and an extended choke) before it gets here.

Thanks!

Edited by uhcoog1