Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ open 9mm

shooterbenedetto

Been thinkin about building CZ in open and I think that

they can be competitive in the market since it will cost

less than custom built STI.I know Canada and Europe has them.

Show me your existing or current project.

Saw this at cz forum:

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/79-pistole-cz/PCOM/CZ_75_TS_CZECHMATE.aspx

Edited by shooterbenedetto

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is correct it means that CZ has a chance

to compete ammo wise check this base bad!

http://czcustom.com/cz75-extended_base_pad_long.aspx

+4!! that means that 19rd mag becomes 23 without the grams

guts and possibly 25 or 26!

+4 that means that 26rd mag becomes 30! without the grams

follower! someone correct me.

The CZechmate is a TS Platform. The basepad you listed was for the Small Frame, but they do have an extended basepad for the TS also. Another thing of note is that the gun comes as a kit with 170 mags. These will be at max length but you will be able to work internally to increase capacity. Just what I am noticing anyway......looking forward to it if it actually comes through.

I have been shooting my CZ SP01 Open for about 6 months. It is a standard CZ SP01 converted to single action with standard drop-in factory parts, added a compensator built by Venry d'Aiguillon (Radical Precision) and added a C-more red dot sight, a magwell and a large safety release (I have small hands) from CZ Custom. I am using the original barrel with 9mm Major loads. The compensator is very efficient and it shoots very flat, flatter than a CZ Champion Open with the same ammo. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures at the moment, but I will try to get some very soon, and I will post it.

Magazines are the standard CZ 19 rounds with a extended base pad from Pearce Grip (for Berretta 92 / Browning HP) giving 22 rounds count. Big stick is a Tanfoglio long mag (the one that is made by soldering 2 mags together) for 26 rounds count. Yesterday I borrowed from a friend a big stick made from a CZ sub-machine gun mag cut to 170mm). It holds 29 rounds, and I will be using it at the Sunshine Games in Orland later this month.

Thanks for sharing. Venry did mention making cz open guns and he was the one to

tell me to make the 170 from a machinegun magazine. what I want to know

is to get this +4 basepad and see how many it can hold on the standard 26rd and the 19 round.

Pictures would be cool!

Didnt really make sense to me to cut from a machine gun

like the uzi MAC10, but then you still have to modify or weld up the top

from a stock mag so it can lock up correctly.

The way to go and easier is to weld up 2 mags together!

Better yet, buy the 26rd from angus that fits spo1

then put +4 basepad and grams follower..

Edited by shooterbenedetto

The factory CZ 26rd magazine is 173mm long stock. You cannot add a basepad to this and be legal for USPSA. Stuart (EERW) showed how to make the factory mag into a 170mm and work on the internals to make it hold 28+1. Outlaw matches that let you run whatever may allow you to add a basepad to your long mags but not USPSA.

The factory CZ 26rd magazine is 173mm long stock. You cannot add a basepad to this and be legal for USPSA. Stuart (EERW) showed how to make the factory mag into a 170mm and work on the internals to make it hold 28+1. Outlaw matches that let you run whatever may allow you to add a basepad to your long mags but not USPSA.

Got the thread or youtube for that?

anyways, at least its a start. I know I spoke to Henning and can make

that 26rd to 171mm USPSA legal. By the time its all said and done, I wouldn't be suprize

if the mag can hold 29-30rds! the question is will it be RELIABLE..

philg80 had a sweet open SP01. I would definitely pick his brain.

Ah yes, yes I did.......d&^* bills!!!! The new owner loves it just as much as I did. He said "it is nice to have an open gun that doesn't jam". Now I am working on an XDM Limited Minor/OPEN combo gun.

Got the thread or youtube for that?

anyways, at least its a start. I know I spoke to Henning and can make

that 26rd to 171mm USPSA legal. By the time its all said and done, I wouldn't be suprize

if the mag can hold 29-30rds! the question is will it be RELIABLE..

Ask and ye shall receive......

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68549&st=0&p=795657&hl=SPO1&fromsearch=1entry795657

I forgot to mention that the 170mm mag I borrowed was made by Venry trimming the bottom of the original CZ 26 mag. It is very reliable - the mag owner, Shay1911 has been using it on his CZ Champion for over a year. I used the mag on our weekly match last evening - flawless.

Do you have any pictures of that gun Venry built? Man, I would love to see it.

I spoke to Venry about building an open CZ a while back, but it was about the time he started getting sick, and the idea unfortunately fell apart over time. Do you know if he's still working and/or doing these conversions? His idea for the comp arrangement is still the best I've heard. I've got a TS I haven't been shooting much.... hmm....

Here they are: CZ SP01 Open 9mm Major

I haven't seen Venry for a while, and I not sure he is working on these conversions. The key element is the compensator, especially if you are using the original SP01 barrel which does not have an extra length over the end of the slide. I think it could be a little easier using a longer barrel. Initially I bought a 6" barrel from CZ think it would be a must to install the compensator, but Venry figured out how to do it with the original barrel.

Compensator by Venry; Single action conversion by my shooting buddy Shay1911, sight mount manufactured by another shooting buddy and installation by Derek (Millennium Custom), big safety and magwell installed by me - it was a long span, multiple hands project - we all are from the same club SFPC

Edited by FLL1911

Here they are: CZ SP01 Open 9mm Major

I haven't seen Venry for a while, and I not sure he is working on these conversions. The key element is the compensator, especially if you are using the original SP01 barrel which does not have an extra length over the end of the slide. I think it could be a little easier using a longer barrel. Initially I bought a 6" barrel from CZ think it would be a must to install the compensator, but Venry figured out how to do it with the original barrel.

Compensator by Venry; Single action conversion by my shooting buddy Shay1911, sight mount manufactured by another shooting buddy and installation by Derek (Millennium Custom), big safety and magwell installed by me - it was a long span, multiple hands project - we all are from the same club SFPC

Your flickr account says it is private. I'd like to see your gun as well.