Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best IDPA holster for S&W 625

BigMoosie

I use a Safariland 567, Dillon number H11-19262, It lined and sells from Dillon for $43.95. Went that way because of good results from Safariland products in the past. Blade_Tech and Com Tac are both an excellent choice. Shoot A Moon clip holders for my 610.

• 4 weeks later...

I use the safariland with cal comp holders. I wonder if anybody has both the safariland and the bladetech or comptac and can say which is the fastest.

Edit: I just changed from the paddle to the belt loop option and it made the holster a lot faster off a galco shooting belt that fits in the belt loops. Note: a drill saw and dowel that fits in the barrel of your gun come in handy to achieve the maximum vertical muzzle orientation without going forward. Questions? PM's are welcome.

Edited by Forrest Halley

I shoot USPSA and no IDPA, bad knees. FWIW I use a Side Armour kydex for my 4" 625. Holds as snug as I want and protects everyting you'd like it to. I use the North Mountain moon clip holder. I'm not sure the NM is IDPA legal.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Changing over to shooting revolver is the natural evolution of things, like learning to walk upright."

D.H. Busching

I shoot USPSA and no IDPA, bad knees. FWIW I use a Side Armour kydex for my 4" 625. Holds as snug as I want and protects everyting you'd like it to. I use the North Mountain moon clip holder. I'm not sure the NM is IDPA legal.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Changing over to shooting revolver is the natural evolution of things, like learning to walk upright."

D.H. Busching

The North Mountain is not legal for IDPA, but last I spoke with Bob Perdue he was experimenting with one that was. If it's a fast as the current design...look out.

For the holster, try "D&D" Holster Co. DAKIRTS@aol.com, he's a local guy that makes great stuff (you can even tighten down on the tension a little and it works great with a 4" 686),, as far as Bob Purdue's stuff, none better and the best in service, bar none