Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making a Glock 35 as nice as possible . . .

Pro2AInPA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly recommend Agrip. It gives a firm, comfortable grip, without the abrasiveness of skateboard type grips. It can be a little tricky to install the first time (or few times), and contrary to what the manufacturer says, I really don't recommend removing and reusing it once it's been applied.

All I did was upgrade my sights (see my signature).. I stuck with a plain black front as I prefer it for Production and really like the .140 wide rear notch..gives plenty of light around the narrow front sight. Filed down the mag release corners to make less sharp/pointy. Then dremeled off the extended slide release (the bump part) b/c my thumb kept hitting causeing the slide to stay back and me to LOSE TIME!!! Gerrr.. Pretty much it so far... the more I use it the more I'll find out what I want to change.

Good luck!

Lets see some pictures!

Here is my G34 & G35.

I like the Dawson fiber optic front and adjustable rear. I like a 13 lb recoil spring but may need to do more experimenting after seeing all these 15 lb fans. I run Dawson base pads for limited. I ride the gun high in the hand so I am using a Glock tail beaver tail for 3 gun/limited to keep my blood off the slide. I am having Accurate Iron build my new G34 3 gun pistol with a built up beaver tail. I may go that route on my limited gun as well once its finished. Accurate Iron does all my trigger jobs. They are about 3.5 lbs and have a good firm wall and short reset. I have felt other triggers and when they get to light they get scary IMHO. I like to sit at the wall and feel them break and reset. I run the Dawson ICE magwell and black plug. I am going to try the heavy mag well and brass plug combo in my 3 gun G34 to see how it shoots. Grip tape is a must but not on the back strap as your hand needs to slide up into that beavertial (or lack thereof) when drawing the pistol. I use both steel and tungsten guide rods. I don;t really see the difference there but hey I'm not a GM, yet. I had a Lone wolf barrel in my G34 but I couldn't shoot any better groups with it so I got rid of it. I am no bullseye shooter so i would assume a KKM or other high dollar barrel wouldn't make my groups any smaller. Plus I think the less aftermarket parts you add the less chance you have for problems. The old if it ain't broke then don't fix it kind of mentality.

3guns.jpg

Edited by jtischauser

Very nice! We share some of the same 3-Gun tastes. I'm running a Bennelli M2 with Nordic-Comp extension, and my AR from the barrel nut forward is also all JP Enterprise and VTac parts. I'll probably start using my G35 as my 3-Gun pistol purely because I can carry 60 rnds with just 3 mags. I'm running out of room on my belt if I stay with the 1911 and all the mags I would need, plus three 6-rnd shot shell carriers, and AR mag pouch...!

BTW, I got and installed an Arredondo +5 and a Dawson +5 mag extension for the Glock mags. Even doing the DP beveling trick to the rear of the follower I can only get 17 rnds in the Dawson equipped magazine. I can get 20 in the Arredondo without breaking a sweat. Any ideas?

Very Nice

BTW, I got and installed an Arredondo +5 and a Dawson +5 mag extension for the Glock mags. Even doing the DP beveling trick to the rear of the follower I can only get 17 rnds in the Dawson equipped magazine. I can get 20 in the Arredondo without breaking a sweat. Any ideas?

I bought one Arredondo for an XDM that I used to have and everytime I dropped it the extension flew off and bullets went everywhere. I don't know if it was that one that was screwed up or if I installed something wrong or what but it caused me to jump over to the Dawsons. I like all the other arredondo stuff I have!

On the Dawson base pads I didn't install the 40 cal ones myself. I bought the gun and mags from a friend. I think they hold 19 or 20. The friend that I bought them from did say that he had to sand or dremel the edges inside the extension when they were new because the springs and/or followers hung up in the extension. You may have the same ridges or edges holding up your follower or spring from going that low.

Edited by jtischauser

Jesse,

Thanks for that. I took apart the Dawson extension when I got home from work and did some light beveling on the inside edge of the aluminum extension this time. It took a couple of tries, but I can fit 18 rnds now.

On the other hand, I do have a couple Arredondo's coming in the mail, along w/ a Warren rear / Dawson fiber optic sight combo. Three 20's and a back-up mag holding 18 ought to do me.

Get a quality grip stippling job. Good stippling+progrip and the gun will lock right in. I have the Crock-skin finish from Mike Cyrwus over at Accurate Iron. It blows any grip tape product I've ever used right out of the water.

The Vanek trigger is in and the Gorilla grip tape is installed. I LOVE the trigger! However, it doesn't always make CCI primers go bang with the light striker spring. I have to use the medium power spring for CCI primers which makes the trigger a little heavier. The light spring works fine with Fiocchi and Federal primers.

I just need to have the chamber opened up a bit on the KKM barrel to work with my lead bullet reloads. Overall I'm pretty impressed with the G35.

Edited by Pro2AInPA

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to put a link for the Tornado - great if you shoot lead, whether you use a stock or aftermarket barrel:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=9791/Product/TORNADO_BRUSHES

Half-price Seattle Slugs, good for cutting flat on the bottom & adding your favorite magwell:

http://shop.taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=27

TF baseplates including the 5oz brass +5 variety:

http://shop.taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Another option out there for those that are undecided on magwells - the new 8.7oz SJC Heavy:

http://stores.sjcguns.com/Detail.bok?no=74

Forgot to put a link for the Tornado - great if you shoot lead, whether you use a stock or aftermarket barrel:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=9791/Product/TORNADO_BRUSHES

Half-price Seattle Slugs, good for cutting flat on the bottom & adding your favorite magwell:

http://shop.taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=27

TF baseplates including the 5oz brass +5 variety:

http://shop.taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Another option out there for those that are undecided on magwells - the new 8.7oz SJC Heavy:

http://stores.sjcguns.com/Detail.bok?no=74

what's the story in the seatle slug? Does it replace the plug that comes with the SJC magwell or the Dawson magwell? Is it heavier than the plugs that come with those magwells?

I have 2 different weighted Dawson magwells and I am thinking about trying the SJC to go bigger well and heavier everything.

On the mags,there is a little intentation in the front corners of the mag. It like the plastic is cutting the point off the corner. Basically remove that indentation with your file, sand paper of if your careful, dremel. I can get 19 and a hard 20 in the mags with Taylor extentions. With dawson, I am 20 reloadable. I got it down to about 5 min to disassemble the mag, "tune" it and reassemble it

JT

The Slug is supposed to weigh about 3oz by itself. If you tried "all of the above" you'd add about 16oz to your G35. So from around 27oz w/empty mag to 43oz w/empty mag.

Or add slug plus brass pads to your heaviest Ice [that would be my plan] and gain 8oz onto whatever your gun weighs now. As you add weight to a plastic frame you'll mostly see less of the whole gun wanting to jump up, combined with maybe a tiny bit more flip. A good trade for many shooters. Also a lot more similarity between shooting a perfect aggressive stance vs a leaning, awkward stance.

My CCF beast weighs 48 with empty mags, which is enough already. For whatever reason it just tracks back onto target with no real effort from me, using the stock recoil assembly. I use these pads - easy 20+1: http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/category.cfm?cid=1001,2015&PID=fc25l4900kouep&GID=gpad

Well, all the parts came in over the last couple of weeks, and I'll be debuting in Limited Div this Sunday. Got some great ideas from this thread, so thanks for that.

Gun: Gen-3 G35

Warren Competition rear with fiber optic front sight. IIRC, it's the .215T x .115"W. Shoots to POA. Love that sight.

ISMI steel rod w/ 15 lb ISMI spring. Had to replace the capture screw since the original one is now down-range somewhere... I didn't locktite it because I was testing different weight springs... But it is now!

25 cent trigger job. My trigger finger is saying it may have helped a little, but that's subjective...

Decal Grip kit

ICE magwell (regular weight) Boy, that sucker really helps with reloads and my grip...

Two Arredondo +5 extensions (I can get 20 rounds in them)

One Dawson +5 extension (can only load 18). I've beveled the follower, extension, cleaned the inside of the mag tube, loaded to 18 and let sit... still can only load 18 rnds. Too bad, because I really like how the Dawson extensions are made.

CR Speed versa pouches

Comp-Tac holster

I've been shooting the Glock in as many matches as I can over the last month to get used to it, and function test all the mods. So far so good. I will say that stage doping with 20+1 rounds is going to be a hoot after shooting Single Stack for the last year and a half! My wife was with me the last time I was at the range, and I quote: "How many rounds does that thing hold???"

Edited by 2MoreChains

Well, all the parts came in over the last couple of weeks, and I'll be debuting in Limited Div this Sunday. Got some great ideas from this thread, so thanks for that.

Gun: Gen-3 G35

Warren Competition rear with fiber optic front sight. IIRC, it's the .215T x .115"W. Shoots to POA. Love that sight.

ISMI steel rod w/ 15 lb ISMI spring. Had to replace the capture screw since the original one is now down-range somewhere... I didn't locktite it because I was testing different weight springs... But it is now!

25 cent trigger job. My trigger finger is saying it may have helped a little, but that's subjective...

Decal Grip kit

ICE magwell (regular weight) Boy, that sucker really helps with reloads and my grip...

Two Arredondo +5 extensions (I can get 20 rounds in them)

One Dawson +5 extension (can only load 18). I've beveled the follower, extension, cleaned the inside of the mag tube, loaded to 18 and let sit... still can only load 18 rnds. Too bad, because I really like how the Dawson extensions are made.

CR Speed versa pouches

Comp-Tac holster

I've been shooting the Glock in as many matches as I can over the last month to get used to it, and function test all the mods. So far so good. I will say that stage doping with 20+1 rounds is going to be a hoot after shooting Single Stack for the last year and a half! My wife was with me the last time I was at the range, and I quote: "How many rounds does that thing hold???"

Get yourself a drop in super trigger kit from Charlie Vanek. You'll be amazed. :devil:

However, it doesn't always make CCI primers go bang with the light striker spring. I have to use the medium power spring for CCI primers which makes the trigger a little heavier. The light spring works fine with Fiocchi and Federal primers.

I just need to have the chamber opened up a bit on the KKM barrel to work with my lead bullet reloads. Overall I'm pretty impressed with the G35.

I have the Vanek trigger and switched to Federal primers. Have had zero issues since. Had the chamber on my Lone Wolf barrel opened out and that took care of the tight chamber issue.

However, it doesn't always make CCI primers go bang with the light striker spring. I have to use the medium power spring for CCI primers which makes the trigger a little heavier. The light spring works fine with Fiocchi and Federal primers.

I have the Vanek trigger and switched to Federal primers. Have had zero issues since. Had the chamber on my Lone Wolf barrel opened out and that took care of the tight chamber issue.

Yep, the Vanek has made almost 1,000 Federal and Fiocchi primers go bang so far. :devil:

My KKM barrel is on its way back from being reamed, should be here tomorrow. I had to shoot the match Sunday with the factory barrel. :surprise:

I'm about to order a jäger open kit. Is the kkm barrel really $100 better than the lone wolf?

I shot both and didn't notice a big difference in .40. Both too tight for lead. Both very accurate.

In 9mm, the KKM accepted lead bullets no issues. The LW was too tight.

I'm about to order a jäger open kit. Is the kkm barrel really $100 better than the lone wolf?

I shot both and didn't notice a big difference in .40. Both too tight for lead. Both very accurate.

when you say too tight for lead bullets do you mean that reloaded ammunition with lead bullets wouldn't chamber or weren't accurate or both?

when you say too tight for lead bullets do you mean that reloaded ammunition with lead bullets wouldn't chamber or weren't accurate or both?

Wouldn't chamber cleanly. It's on its way back to me from Grams Engineering and should be here tomorrow. I sent him dummy rounds with the barrel so I'm sure it'll be perfect now.

I shoot lead from two 40 cal lone wolf barrels and they both work fine. Lee crimp die!!!

g35 standard barrel

g24 4 port barrel

Also the bulletworks lead is a little harder then other lead, my guns will take all lead but i like the bulletworks bullets

A