Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fly the barn!

Bigpops

some would argue they DON"T!...they beat the air into submission!

They're sort of wanna be Chuck Norris's... roflol.gif

If you dis a helicopter pilot Chuck Norris will kick your a$$. :surprise:

Nope. But George Jones will make you cry in front of your friends, using nothing more than words......

Don't ask me how I know...... :D :D

It's an old tradition that has not been performed in awhile. The CO wanted to "fly the barn". For you helo buff's...Enjoy! :cheers:

For those of us who aren't aviators, what is the "fly the barn" formation, and what's the significance?

It's not a formation. The Barn is the Hangar. "Fly the Barn" means to fly every "up" aircraft the squadron owns. By the looks of these pictures, there's only one of two places a diverse group like this could happen. Either A: PAX River Test Squadron, or B: Pensacola Florida during NHA Fleet Fly-in. Since I'm currently in Pensacola and have been an instructor at one of the Helicopter Training Squadrons for a few years now (HT-18).....I know it wasn't here. So these must be from Pax!

Nice Pics! I have a few thousand hours in the mighty TH-57 and another thousand in 60's.....and you're right...we beat the air into submission.

Edited by Navy OnStar

It's an old tradition that has not been performed in awhile. The CO wanted to "fly the barn". For you helo buff's...Enjoy! :cheers:

For those of us who aren't aviators, what is the "fly the barn" formation, and what's the significance?

"Fly the barn" is the same as empty the hangar and get them in the air.

Great form flying pratice, looks cool, and chic's dig it! :roflol:

It's not a formation. The Barn is the Hangar. "Fly the Barn" means to fly every "up" aircraft the squadron owns. By the looks of these pictures, there's only one of two places a diverse group like this could happen. Either A: PAX River Test Squadron, or B: Pensacola Florida during NHA Fleet Fly-in. Since I'm currently in Pensacola and have been an instructor at one of the Helicopter Training Squadrons for a few years now (HT-18).....I know it wasn't here. So these must be from Pax!

Nice Pics! I have a few thousand hours in the mighty TH-57 and another thousand in 60's.....and you're right...we beat the air into submission.

Winner winner Chicken Dinner!

Pax - HX-21