Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Field Test: GlockWorx - lightened ext. tip striker

ShootsinRain

Hey all.

I had a chance to run 30 rounds of various primers while teaching a friend how to shoot.

My set up: glock 34 with the glock worx production trigger and I've been waiting to play around with the new striker (4 lb rp striker spring)

10 rounds cci factory ammo

10 rounds fsr handloads

10 rounds wsp handloads

All lit up fine and the stiker marks on the brass look pretty good. My stock striker, in the same setup would not ignite cci or wsp reliable.

30 rounds is a admittedly small sample. But it was all I had time for.

Hope this helps.

I'm not affliated/associated with Glockworx, just a customer.

Any pictures of your stock striker next to the aftermarket prototype? Since the mass exodus of Federal SPP I have exclusively used CCI and WSP and have had fewer than 10 4 light strikes when using the Vanek/Jager striker or stock striker... This is out of 15,000 rounds.

If your stock striker had that level of difficulty setting off primers, either you are using a striker spring that is way too light, or the striker tip is damaged. Futhermore, a reliable functionality test requires many more than 30 rounds...but every voyage begins with one step :)

Edited to reflect what I found in my shooting journal. I had 4 light strikes in 15,000 rounds. 2 were with a stock striker, and two were with high primers. Ironically, the Jager striker is a little longer than the stock striker and was able to set off those high primers without any problems.

I tried it with wolf small rifle magnum. still some duds. But then again those are srm primers... all others i've tried including winchester, cci, remington and federal - no problem....

I have the Glock worx parts (Trigger and lightened Striker & Springs) and the only primers I have issues with are the Winchester Winclean primers. ( P.S. never use Winclean ammo in a glock . . . something to do with primer flow and plasma cutting of the breach face and striker tip.)

currantly I'm running (gasp) PMC . . . . . and I've never have had an issue for the last 12 months or so.

100% reliablity

Just my two cents/ but your resuls should not vary

An extended-tip striker makes a whole lot of sense for those who may want to run reduced power striker springs (extended firing pins to balance out reduced power hammer springs have been a known cure for light strikes in hammer-fired guns for a while now).

Is it worth $80... not sure, guess the polish and lightening aspects don't mean too much to me, the extended-tip if it does what I think it should, might be if it means concern over light strikes can be erased forever.

Hope someone will let us know how it works out once it's been 100% through several hundreds or thousands of rounds...

Edited by ck1

• 5 weeks later...