Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Catch and Release

kgunz11

I just prefer my long range rigs have a butt stock on them. Pistols are for fighting my way back to my rifle.

Had to do a lot of that in your lifetime?

And on another note -- so you'd pass by a perfectly good long-range handgun to get to something with a buttstock? Must mean the Indian's only capable with some arrows....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This one time, in band camp... there were 3 moderators fishing in the same boat, but the moon was full and the fish just weren't biting.

I'll let you guys carry this conversation on your own. I'm sure you're experienced enough in long range shooting and ballistics you don't need my input. Though, if you want to learn more, Brian Litz has authored an exceptional book called "Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting". Check it out, it's a good read.

I just prefer my long range rigs have a butt stock on them. Pistols are for fighting my way back to my rifle.

And on another note -- so you'd pass by a perfectly good long-range handgun to get to something with a buttstock? Must mean the Indian's only capable with some arrows....

I train, or did you miss that in my previous post. It's the reason I shoot USPSA, training.

And so you know Nik, I have done some contract work, and have been asked to do more.

Start shooting a Hipoint 9mm in competition and come back and tell me what you think Mr Indian.

You guys have fun with it, I'm out.

Edited by kgunz11

Nope, not at all. I just prefer my long range rigs have a butt stock on them. Pistols are for fighting my way back to my rifle. ;)

What if your rifle is 1000 yards away?

Just find someone close by with a rifle and take theirs

This one time, in band camp... there were 3 moderators fishing in the same boat, but the moon was full and the fish just weren't biting.

I'll let you guys carry this conversation on your own. I'm sure you're experienced enough in long range shooting and ballistics you don't need my input. Though, if you want to learn more, Brian Litz has authored an exceptional book called "Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting". Check it out, it's a good read.

It is a good read. I find it interesting that Brian's soul focus in the book is the actual ballistics of the round, never whether it was fired from a weapon with a buttstock or not.

Edited by smokshwn

I train, or did you miss that in my previous post. It's the reason I shoot USPSA, training.

And so you know Nik, I have done some contract work, and have been asked to do more.

Start shooting a Hipoint 9mm in competition and come back and tell me what you think Mr Indian.

USPSA is training? Or is it practice? And no.....they are not the same.

And what kind of contracting are you sought to do?

USPSA is training? Or is it practice? And no.....they are not the same.

And what kind of contracting are you sought to do?

Training is a matter of how you look at it or use it. Practice is how I repeat a known skill or a skill I am trying to do better. Training is what I do under pressure/stress conditions which I can induce in a match. Would I enter a house like I do in USPSA? No, but it does help me shoot accurately faster, thus it is training for ME. YMMV

Most recently I was asked to go to Haiti. The pay is pretty good at $500 per day, but I'd rather not be away from my wife for months at the time again in a volatile situation where I am issued a weapon and given orders to use it if the circumstances arise. In respect of the forum owner and his guidelines, I'll not discuss that any further here.