Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Refurbed my vibra-prime

DarthMuffin

My precious Frankford Arsenal vibra-prime wasn't working so well. I couldn't get a tube loaded without something jamming up.

I gave it a good looking-over and noticed a ridge on the inside between the plastic "head" and the metal tube on all of the tubes (got 4). Ran a 3/16th drill bit down to clean up that ridge, sprayed some brake cleaner down, ran a patch stuffed through with an 1/8" wood dowel -- good as new! Put in new batteries to complete the job and it's rockin' and rollin' as usual.

My precious Frankford Arsenal vibra-prime wasn't working so well. I couldn't get a tube loaded without something jamming up.

I gave it a good looking-over and noticed a ridge on the inside between the plastic "head" and the metal tube on all of the tubes (got 4). Ran a 3/16th drill bit down to clean up that ridge, sprayed some brake cleaner down, ran a patch stuffed through with an 1/8" wood dowel -- good as new! Put in new batteries to complete the job and it's rockin' and rollin' as usual.

What "head" are you talking about? If you mean these things:

vibraprimeradapter.jpeg

Just take them off the tube, throw them away, and just hold the bare tube in place. Been doing it that way for years.

Later,

Chuck

ETA: This tip was first (I think) seen in 2005

Edited by ChuckS

What "head" are you talking about? If you mean these things:

vibraprimeradapter.jpeg

Just take them off the tube, throw them away, and just hold the bare tube in place. Been doing it that way for years.

Later,

Chuck

ETA: This tip was first (I think) seen in 2005

Yeah, those heads. I didn't know they came off. Didn't want to risk breaking any irreplacible parts. Should they give me trouble in the future I'll keep that in mind.

Darth,

I only have 2 of the original VP tubes. The rest that I use are Dillon with the pick-up thingy removed. I think the VP tubes are knurled under the adapter. I don't remember how I got them off the tube but just cutting them with a knife or some such thing should work fine.

Later,

Chuck

I was the exception to the rule, and bought 2 Vibra Primes and a whole boatload of tubes to go with them. However it is easier to use them WITHOUT the adapters. Just pull them right off to simplify things. Yeah they are knurled on the top, and they are actually a bit longer than the standard Dillon tubes.

Why aren't one of our engineer forum vendors creating a replacement??????????????

Seriously.

There is no excuse.

Whats yours Micah? You have a GM card in Production, and a Masters in edumacation. Surely you could make one with an old Glock frame & a dremel. :rolleyes:

Whats yours Micah? You have a GM card in Production, and a Masters in edumacation. Surely you could make one with an old Glock frame & a dremel. :rolleyes:

You've seen my makeshift barricades in my garage. It is difficult enough to fill my truck with gas...let alone make a hand held machine for loading primer tubes...though ur sister gave me a good idea...

Primers-Small-Pistol-Federal-100.jpg

plus-sign.jpg

bullet.jpg

Equals_sign_in_mathematics.jpg

656090.jpg