Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crspeed belt - regular vs "super?"

spanky

Is there a real difference (other than visual) between the regular (older) crspeed belt and the new super high torque? Maxschoice has the regular one for $10 less than the "super hi torque" and I'm just wondering If it's worth the price difference.

I have both and the new belt is a touch stiffer (not good not bad) and it has the added color on the outside, new connection tab and CR name on the internal belt. It is $10 bucks not a big deal.

I have both and the new belt is a touch stiffer (not good not bad) and it has the added color on the outside, new connection tab and CR name on the internal belt. It is $10 bucks not a big deal.

Pics of this "new connection tab?"

I have both, about 4 total. One is the new super deluxe, and the others are various vintages of the old one's, I received a new "old" one recently and I think the $10 you pay for the newer belt is money well spent. I just think the new ones just seem better made than the older models. Inner belt is also nicer with the tapered end and logo stiching. They are stiffer and don't require me to pin my mag holders down as much, they stay put.

Neither will make you shoot better, but if you are like me and take pride in your hobby and passion and just like having nice things, it's not money I have ever regretted spending.

Right. And the REAL truth is .... it don't matter. Pick one and practice. (alot)

I have both, about 4 total. One is the new super deluxe, and the others are various vintages of the old one's, I received a new "old" one recently and I think the $10 you pay for the newer belt is money well spent. I just think the new ones just seem better made than the older models. Inner belt is also nicer with the tapered end and logo stiching. They are stiffer and don't require me to pin my mag holders down as much, they stay put.

Neither will make you shoot better, but if you are like me and take pride in your hobby and passion and just like having nice things, it's not money I have ever regretted spending.

thanks guys