Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 610 any suggestions?

twally

I am currently loading .40 for semi auto and would like to get a revolver, I really don't want to change caliber.

Does anyone have any comments about the 610? I have a choice of 6 1/2" or 3 7/8" localy.

Thank's for any suggestions.

I have a 6 1/2 inc 610 and like it better then the 3 7/8 inc I've shot both. The longer gun is better for the long standerds. Draw time is the same if you run a open stille holster. MY segestion is if you know eney one that has one in bout langths shot them and see what you like. :sight:

i have the 610 4 inch. I load a 180 grain round nosed (it makes a huge difference then the flat point round nose) billy bullet over 3.4 grains of solo 1000 and I use RIMZ moon clips. I sent my 610 to Mike Carmoney to be worked over, which will make you love shooting it..

i wish there was a 5 inch im sure the 6 1/2 would be alright as well, depending on the rules of your chosen sport...

th_IMG_0291.jpg

ive since changed to hardwood grips but the gun itself is pretty freaking sweet...

The 646 is nice, though you can't load long. You can find a 5" 610...though they didn't make many and you will pay a premium.

I like the 4" 610, easy to shoot with with major power factor.

I have 2 6.5" 610s and love them. Been shooting them for the last 3 seasons of USPSA. Keep in mind that you have to drive them around the course but the recoil from major loads is almost nil.

I have shot a 6.5" and own a 3 7/8". For me personally, the 3 7/8" feels more balanced, gets on target quicker and the transition from target to target is smoother. The longer sight radius is a factor with a barrel length difference of 2 5/8". With that said the 3 7/8" gun is quite accurate. Regular dry firing practice to get in sync with the revo action will overcome any sight radius issue. Also, have your S&W revo action Carmonized.

My 610 is a 5" and i shoot titegroup under 180 mg jhp ....they shoot fine but there are may others out there that either load quicker or shoot softer...i am really a noob with revolvers compared to most....have loaded from 3.8 grians up to some i wont mention...all depending on what l was doing(steel/uspsa/production class uspsa/100yard plates/hunting/psuedo idpa(the 5inch not legal in real idpa))

I shoot a 4 inch S&W610 with the full underlug. The 6 inch model with the full underlug was a bit muzzle heavy for my taste. Ideal woulde be a 6 in without underlug or a 5 inch with partial underlug such as the PC 627's. While I enjoy shooting it nothing loads faster than the 45 ACP 625 - gavity helps with those heavy bullets and big holes.

I have both and like both.. though the longer tube makes shooting the standards a bit easier.. I find that the 3 7/8" 610 with major can be snappy where the 6.5" tube is a bit more controllable.. and comes back to zero quicker. When I shoot ICORE loads in the 6.5" tube, the gun hardly moves.