Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New M2i/Cheely open gun

Adam B

Call me first when you decide to sell it next month.

I was wandering how long it would take before someone ask !!! :devil:

Nice blaster !!

Brent

Edited by colt

Now Guys its just the fickel nature of the open shooter. A limited guy gets a good gun and shoots it the same forever but the open shooter is always on the quest for the magic gun, comp, powder etc. I think I only went thru 6 open guns in my first year, then I figured out I could just change the ones I have.

That gun didn't flick my bick, it looks like a copy of an old competitor with an old school comp. The slide still looks a bit heavy for a good blaster. I do have to say Matt did a great job on the holes but heck why didn't he tritop it to get some of the fat off. I'll bet money that if it has a steel guid rod in it, its nose heavy, making it hard to drive etc. See all that metal before the first port in the comp, that is a dead blow hammer, a nice efficient lite weight comp would perk her up, even a Brazos TruBore barrel would be a step up, in shootability. It's got that drab look about it, now a proud poppa of a bitxhin gun would dress it up with a red cmore and some chrome, lots of look at this bad boy stuff on it, paint it yellow like Athena Lee.

Ther was no magic to be had so its up for sale.

Oh, i understand that concept very well. back when i played competive paintball, i went through roughly 75-80 different guns (thats a conservative guess). Id get a new one, shoot it for one tournament then trade it away for something better, always looking for that one little thing that was different or would help me more. It would seem the Open guns especially are in that same type of gear mindset. Lord help me if i ever start shooting open.... :blink:

Oh, i understand that concept very well. back when i played competive paintball, i went through roughly 75-80 different guns (thats a conservative guess). Id get a new one, shoot it for one tournament then trade it away for something better, always looking for that one little thing that was different or would help me more. It would seem the Open guns especially are in that same type of gear mindset. Lord help me if i ever start shooting open.... :blink:

Looks like I stepped in it, the poor guy is getting surgery on his hand and he isn't just fickel. I hope that it all goes well and he can return to shooting.

After much trial and error I finally have an open gun I like, now this could just be "A blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while" or I actually learned enough to figure out what works best for me. In Open guns one mans trash is another's treasure because of differences in preferences and perceptions.