Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for the S&W 627 38 Super?

RussB

I need a holster for a 627 in 38 Super, something with an open top would be nice...A Safariland rep told me via email that their 002 cup challenge holster wouldn't fit!?

What are you guys using?

I use the Cup Challenge holster for my 629. Maybe he was just talking about the length of the holster? I have one for a 4" gun and one for my 6.5" gun and they may not make one that is in between. If that is the case, and I think it is, then you can use the holster the gun will just be too short or too long for the silly retaining strap they build in. The strap is almost completely worthless anyway and I know a lot of people remove it.

-ld

It would be great if I could use the same holster for the 5" 625 and 5.5" 627...looks like the CR holster will fit the bill smile.gif

I just got one of those for my 627 and it is really nice (so is my wife for giving it to me!). It may need slight adjustments to go between guns but they are both N frames so it shouldn't be too much of a difference.

-ld

I use a modified 002 cup holster for everything from a K frame S&W to a 686, to any of my N frame guns. It works fine with my 3 7/8 610, both 6.5" 610's, and both the 627-4 and 627-5's. I took that stupid loop off the end of the holster.. all it ever did was remove the front sight of my 610's. CR's are also good, I have one of those too.. but actually prefer the cup holster. They are both good to go.

I use a modified 002 cup holster for everything from a K frame S&W to a 686, to any of my N frame guns. It works fine with my 3 7/8 610, both 6.5" 610's, and both the 627-4 and 627-5's. I took that stupid loop off the end of the holster.. all it ever did was remove the front sight of my 610's. CR's are also good, I have one of those too.. but actually prefer the cup holster. They are both good to go.

I like that 002 holster. Do you know particular model # yours is? I see there are 3 different #'s for S&W revo's. What modifications did you do, other that removing the loop?