Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bison Burgers, um Good

A friend turned me on to Buffalo burgers this weekend - good stuff. Tastier than hamburger, and WAY more lean. I think the fat content is about 3 to 4 times less than chicken. And way less compared to hamburger.

And it's all natur-all, grass fed. if you try some, it cooks quite a bit faster than hamburger so keep your eye on it. On my grill at around 400 degrees, a 1/3 pound burger cooks to medium rare in about 6 minutes.

I'm also not a big bun fan, so I've been serving them on toasted Oro Wheat "Sandwich Thins." More burger for your buck. Garlic Salt and Pepper for spices, some melted cheese, Boar's Head mustard and lettuce - you're all set.

The GF likes them with a Teriyaki marinade (of course, but i like 'em straight up.

be

Yum! We have a local joint in Greenville NC called Ham's brewery.

They serve the Bison burger and you can get a small batch brew made right there, a mother milk stout that's all over a Guiness, an IPA way tasty, or the local favorite award winning brew-

Great to hoist some some suds with your shooting buds while wearing your shooting duds after the match!

BTW Bison has way more protein than the typical barnyard fare . . .

Boss has a freezer full here at the plant. Also has summer sausage type bison and bison jerky sticks. He raised them and finally had enough of their foolishness. According to him, they can wreck fence at their leisure.

Good stuff!

Dave

Not 3-4 times less than chicken, but better. Bison and Elk are two of the best meats there are. Lean beef is about 22% protein, 7% fat, 72 mg/100g Cholesterol and 180 Kcal/100g. Chicken numbers are 21%, 3%, 73, 142. Bison numbers are 22%, 2%, 62, 138. Elk numbers are 23%, 1%, 67, 137. Deer numbers are 24%, 1.5%, 110, 145, which is significantly worse in terms of cholesterol.

Not 3-4 times less than chicken, but better. Bison and Elk are two of the best meats there are. Lean beef is about 22% protein, 7% fat, 72 mg/100g Cholesterol and 180 Kcal/100g. Chicken numbers are 21%, 3%, 73, 142. Bison numbers are 22%, 2%, 62, 138. Elk numbers are 23%, 1%, 67, 137. Deer numbers are 24%, 1.5%, 110, 145, which is significantly worse in terms of cholesterol.

Thanks for the clarification and additional info.

be

Oh yeah, the G-Man's family is all about the Bison burgers!!! There was actually a place in Santa Fe (Harry's Roadhouse if you're in the area) that makes a great Buffalo burger...used to go there a couple of times a month.....Mmmmmmm

There's a place near work that has 1/2lb buffalo burgers and I love it when we head there for lunch. I'm not even sure how the rest of the food is there as I can't bring myself not to order it every time. Damn it, now I'm hungry again!

There's a place near work that has 1/2lb buffalo burgers and I love it when we head there for lunch. I'm not even sure how the rest of the food is there as I can't bring myself not to order it every time. Damn it, now I'm hungry again!

Ack....dude, you HAVE to PM me with the info! :surprise: