Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody us the Safariland competition speedloader holder holder?

I have an L frame revolver. Looking for a speedloader holder. I use the Safariland Comp IIIs.

The Brownell's catalog has a comment that the L frame version of the Safariland 333 Competition speedloader holder (the one that holds the 3 speedloaders) only works for Comp I and II speedloaders. When I called, Brownell's said it only works with a Comp II.

The K frame version is listed as working with Comp I, II and IIIs

Safariland's website says the L frame version of the 333 works with Comp IIIs.

So, has anyone had problems using a 333 holder with Comp IIIs for an L Frame?

Edited by SR_

I use the 333 when I shoot USPSA. It works with my L frame Comp IIIs well. There is a small piece of plastic stuck into each opening that is designed to use with Comp 1 and IIs. If you leave it in (it is removeable) the Comp IIIs will fall out when you run (ask me how I know!). Remove that and the Comp IIIs stay in just fine.

Chris Christian

So, has anyone had problems using a 333 holder with Comp IIIs for an L Frame?

I used the 333 holder for a couple of shoots and the only problem I had was when it was behind my back the seperation between holders was close enough that when I pulled one speed loader out I sometimes dislodge the one next to it.

Edited by RAC

• 2 months later...

Bob Purdue is in the early stages of making a holder of the comp 3's. It is pretty sweet. I will use it at the IRC next week in Retro division.

Bob Purdue is in the early stages of making a holder of the comp 3's. It is pretty sweet. I will use it at the IRC next week in Retro division.

PICS ?

Please, let us not tempt the Otis.

:sick:

PICS ?

No pics yet. Still being tweeked.

PICS ?

No pics yet. Still being tweeked.

The holders, or your outfit? :goof:

See you next weekend!

Seiichi

Glad I read this! I was getting ready to order some 333's for my Retro rig,

I'll wait as long as it takes to get Bob's holder!

• 4 months later...

Any suggestions on carriers for a newbie to ICORE? Is Safariland the way to go? I currently use Comp III loaders for IDPA, but was interested in giving ICORE a try later this month. I'm guessing the Safariland 3-holder is legal and works well enough for ICORE (I know it isn't legal for IDPA). Or would I be better off trying to get some more Ready-Tacs? Any other suggestions? The only caveat is that I would need to be able to get them within the next couple of weeks. Thanks in advance for any advice, and sorry for all the noob questions.

Any suggestions on carriers for a newbie to ICORE? Is Safariland the way to go? I currently use Comp III loaders for IDPA, but was interested in giving ICORE a try later this month. I'm guessing the Safariland 3-holder is legal and works well enough for ICORE (I know it isn't legal for IDPA). Or would I be better off trying to get some more Ready-Tacs? Any other suggestions? The only caveat is that I would need to be able to get them within the next couple of weeks. Thanks in advance for any advice, and sorry for all the noob questions.

The safariland holders will do in ICORE. Most of the ICORE matches I go to we are willing to share holders and stuff if needed. Just show up with what you have and they will most likely work with you. later rdd