Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun match

Pardon the novice posting these but am really trying to find a way to get to shoot at The Superstition Mystery Mountain 3-Gun match in March. Does anyone have any tips? It's a big match. Please let me know if you've had any success in standby at a full match.

Edited by Lisa C

Its a hit or miss but every large match usually ends up with a few no shows.

You can risk going there and ask to be put on the waitlist but its not a guarantee.

For example, we had one of our friends come with us to the USPSA handgun nationals and was put on the waitlist.

We waited all day at registration to see if she got in or not. She got lucky and got to shoot. The icing on the cake was she got to be on the same squad as us.

Thanks. It's a long drive to AZ, alone with lots of guns.

It would be a "longer" drive to AZ, alone with NO GUNS!

Besides, once you hit the AZ border, you can let all your "little friends" out of the trunk,.. just like,....... <_< ..never mind.

pm sent

If you go to thier site, you might be able to e-mail Polle and see what the past chances were of getting into this match on a standby basis. Every major match that I have attended had no-shows and they gave out the slot to a standby shooter, just get there early so you can get on the list near the top.

Here is thier site: www.smm3gun.com

Good luck!

Dan just told me that there were 35 people on the waiting list...soon to be 34, as I had to turn in my slot due to deployment orders :(:)

Mixed emotions there...I like to deploy, but I am not happy about missing this match...

Alex

Dan just told me that there were 35 people on the waiting list...soon to be 34, as I had to turn in my slot due to deployment orders :(:)

Mixed emotions there...I like to deploy, but I am not happy about missing this match...

Alex

How did you get a hold of him?

Alex

Good luck out there Alex!

M

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if you received an answer about the waiting list and what your chances were of getting a slot if you showed up.

Hi Doug, Just saw your post. The answer was no; I can't shoot the match and didn't get a reply on the waiting list. They're probably swamped over there. A lot of people said to just show up but I'll just sign up early next time.

Just wondering if you received an answer about the waiting list and what your chances were of getting a slot if you showed up.

I talked to Joe at the last match and was told the only "fair way" open slots will go, is on a first come, first serve basis.

I received this e-mail last night, so I know at least one more slot opened.

"Reminder to all SMM 3 Gun Staff:

As your staff application stated, This Sunday March 7th there is a MANDATORY meeting for ALL SMM 3 gun staff.

Rio Activity Center 1:00 PM. There will be stage assignments, briefing, important match announcements. It may last 2 hours, so be prepared. We are looking forward to a GREAT match this year, and attending this meeting is very important.

Regards, Joe, Vic & Jeff. 3 Gun Rangemasters."

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you,.......Dale

You want to squad with her , dont you?

and u wouldn't?

You want to squad with her , dont you?

and u wouldn't?

If you saw my current shooting partner, you would want to shoot with her also! Sorry Jim!