Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun AR optic

gunut

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi...At the last three gun I attended (Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun) in KY, I stopped by the Swarovski Display and looked through the Z6i 1-6x24 with BRTi reticle. All I could say is WOW....I will have this scope. And here is where the magic begins.... I see this scope selling in ONE day all the time for $1700-1800. I will buy it used...for $1700 and it is money in the bank. Any day of the week, if I want my $1700 back...I got it...no problem...case closed. I don't think this is quite as easy with a low end piece of glass. You may actually lose MORE money with a low end optic!

By the way...I am a firm believer in the phrase "it is the Indian and NOT the bow" when it comes to comparing skill vs equipment. But in terms of a high end optic...it really can be a sound investment. Get the best stuff you can afford and eliminate the tons of negative variables that come with cheap stuff...then you can truly concentrate on perfecting and honing your skills and abilities. Plus, all your friends will be envious of your equipment. Need to sell it???...money in the bank.

Just my .02

Hi...At the last three gun I attended (Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun) in KY, I stopped by the Swarovski Display and looked through the Z6i 1-6x24 with BRTi reticle. All I could say is WOW....I will have this scope. And here is where the magic begins.... I see this scope selling in ONE day all the time for $1700-1800. I will buy it used...for $1700 and it is money in the bank. Any day of the week, if I want my $1700 back...I got it...no problem...case closed. I don't think this is quite as easy with a low end piece of glass. You may actually lose MORE money with a low end optic!

By the way...I am a firm believer in the phrase "it is the Indian and NOT the bow" when it comes to comparing skill vs equipment. But in terms of a high end optic...it really can be a sound investment. Get the best stuff you can afford and eliminate the tons of negative variables that come with cheap stuff...then you can truly concentrate on perfecting and honing your skills and abilities. Plus, all your friends will be envious of your equipment. Need to sell it???...money in the bank.

Just my .02

Tell me how I can get it for $1700 to $1800 new in the box? It shows on SWFA for over $2400.00.

I have been very pleased with the Vortex PST for the money. I have a buddy with a S&B short dot and he and I both agree that for the money you can't beat the Vortex PST. He claims if he had to do it over again he would have saved his money and bought the Vortex.

Just my .02

Tell me how I can get it for $1700 to $1800 new in the box? It shows on SWFA for over $2400.00.

Surely you read my post...."I will buy used for $1700 and it is money in the bank". I did not state you could purchase new in the box for this price. I accept your apology.

Just my .02

Surely you read my post...."I will buy used for $1700 and it is money in the bank". I did not state you could purchase new in the box for this price. I accept your apology.

I found the scope @ Gene Sears in OKC for $2050.00 new. This is as close as I can get to $1700 to $1800 used or new so I ordered it. and I apology to you............maybe

I found the scope @ Gene Sears in OKC for $2050.00 new. This is as close as I can get to $1700 to $1800 used or new so I ordered it. and I apology to you............maybe

That's a smoking price...

I'd still rather have three TR24G's.

Chambers, you still have young eyes. I need the 6 power for me.

Just my .02

Enlist in the military or join a police department and you will get a good discount.

Pat

I have a TR24 with the green triangle on my patrol rifle and a Swarovski Z6i BRT on my three gun rifle. The TR24 is a nice optic but I much prefer the Swarovski for the game. The glass is clearer and the bullet drop compensator makes shooting longer targets much easier.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Just my .02

Enlist in the military or join a police department and you will get a good discount.

Pat

\

No Thanks