Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Hk Heavymetal Project.

It's a pump... no charging handle on the bolt or charging handle cutout on the receiver.

That's slick!

Thanks, yup... shotgun is a FP6 carbon, pump. Can't put a side-saddle on it because of the long forearm, but it feels pretty good because I have a short reach. Mag extensions a little long, but should be just right when I put a screw on choke on it.

Thats a slick lookin pump.

I could not tell it was a pump, hmm I need to read more.

Thanks. Its made by Fabarm, imported by HK. HK and Fabarm are parting ways so they're having a fire sale at CDNN and other retailers. Great time to pick up a quality gun at a really good price. Still has HKs lifetime warranty. SigArms is picking up the line as the US Distributer. There are a few parts on the market, mag extension from Choate, side saddle (forarm would need to be trimmed probably for it to work as I think its for the older short forearm design.

I thought the shotgun had to be a pump.

Or

Is that a pump.

Heavy Metal = .44 minimum handgun caliber; .308 minimum rifle caliber; 12 gauge minimum shotgun, 22" max barrel, mag tube no more than 1" longer than barrel.

He-man = all of the above and the shotgun must be a pump.

Richard

Schennberg.com

Present (2005) USPSA Multigun specification for Heavy Metal:

Handgun: Major Power Factor, and at least .44 caliber

No more than 10 rounds loaded in a magazine.

(may further restrict to .45 only, single-stack, etc.)

Rifle: Major Power Factor, and at least .30 caliber

No more than 20 rounds loaded in a magazine

(may choose to allow one optic in Tactical division)

Shotgun: 12-gauge

No more than 8 rounds loaded in mag-tube (8+1)

(may further restrict to pump-action only)

Present (2005) SMM3G specification for Heavy Metal:

6.3 Handgun – Heavy Metal Class

6.3.1 Firearms must comply with the Tactical Class handgun rules (6.2.1; 6.2.2 & 6.2.3).

6.3.2 All handguns must be .44 caliber or larger.

6.3.3 Pistol magazines in HM Class shall not be loaded with more than ten (10) rounds.

6.6 Rifle – Heavy Metal Class

6.6.1 Rifles must comply with Tactical Iron Rules (6.5.1; 6.5.2 & 6.5.4)

6.6.2 Rifles in HM Class will be .308 Winchester (7.62x51 NATO) or larger.

6.6.3 Rifle magazines in HM Class shall not be loaded with more than twenty (20) rounds.

6.9 Shotgun – Heavy Metal Class

6.9.1 Shotguns must comply with Tactical Shotgun Rules (6.8)

6.9.2 12 gauge only.

6.9.3 Semi-automatic and pump shotguns will be scored separately.

Present (2005) RM3G rules containing their specification for He Man:

rm3g_2005_rules.pdf

Hope this helps,

BTW, that is some "Real" HM gear fer' sure ;-)

--

Regards,

Edited by George

• 5 weeks later...

nice pair of HK's

that shotgun does look slick. what mag extension did you put on it?

I found that gun in the CDNN catalog for the low price of 369.99, man that's tempting.

Somebody buy my open gun in the classified section so i can get on of these!

Tewlman,

I have the same shotgun only with a pistol grip stock (I load weak hand and like the pistol grip better). I put on a Choate mag extension, it isn't listed on the web site but a call to them will get you one.

I like this shotgun because it unlocks the bolt like the Winchester 1300. The Mossberg and 870 can "lock up" due to pilot error when firing fast. The Fabarm and 1300 will unlock the bolt even if you are pulling on the forearm when the trigger is pulled.

Tewlman,

I have the same shotgun only with a pistol grip stock (I load weak hand and like the pistol grip better). I put on a Choate mag extension, it isn't listed on the web site but a call to them will get you one.

I like this shotgun because it unlocks the bolt like the Winchester 1300. The Mossberg and 870 can "lock up" due to pilot error when firing fast. The Fabarm and 1300 will unlock the bolt even if you are pulling on the forearm when the trigger is pulled.

thanks for the info Brian!

Sorry for the late reply, just got back from vacation!

I have the same, a choate extension 8 +1. They do have it on thier website at http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page.cfm...77&NewProduct=0

On the picture I don't have it on, but with an improved cylinder choke on it, it lines up pefectly with the extension.

Got mine from CDNN as well, Good company to deal with and a GREAT shotgun for that price...get one before they're out!

Edited by ArnisAndyz

The Fabarm and 1300 will unlock the bolt even if you are pulling on the forearm when the trigger is pulled.

I love that feature too. Its probably one of the fastest/smoothest pumps available. You can get a nice rythmn pulling a little before your shot.

Other features I liked are the 20" overbored chrome lined barrel and the heat shield. After some experimenting I found that flipping the gun over and loading stronghand works better for me. The heatshield keeps the hot barrel from touching my palm. The faux carbon finish also seems pretty durable, but time will tell. The gun is really light which can be good or bad. At our local club we shoot mainly 7 or 8 birdshot so its not a big deal. Breaking the gun down is easy and its a very simple design.

Things I don't like are minor. I don't like the safety since I'm a lefty. Can't remove the barrel shroud and the sites are non-existent. I'm probaly going to try one of those stick on fiber-optic sites.

I believe the pistol grip version that Sgt has comes with a rail on top and ghost rings sites. Even though it doesn't look as good, I prefer the standard stock for a shotgun.

andy3gunfp69gv.jpg

Edited by ArnisAndyz

Bear,

If you do a search for HK Fabarm you should have a thread "photo's of 3-gun weapons" or something like that. Thread started by me. First picture would have that shotgun on it. Poor picture, but gives you an idea. Great shotgun for HM in my opinion.

I am still looking for screw on chokes for this weapon. Does CDNN have them for sale?