Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G19 rmr

Daleo8803

I want to use my main carry (G19) in carry optics in uspsa. I think it will give me more practice with the gun I spend the most time with. I'm not sure of which rmr to get. I like the idea of the duel illuminated rm05g but it says it can wash out. Would I be better off with the rm07 adjustable? Thanks

I want to use my main carry (G19) in carry optics in uspsa. I think it will give me more practice with the gun I spend the most time with. I'm not sure of which rmr to get. I like the idea of the duel illuminated rm05g but it says it can wash out. Would I be better off with the rm07 adjustable? Thanks
I would say get a Delta Point pro because RMR's are not great for uspsa. But if your dead set on using a RMR I would suggest the adjustable. You will often be shooting into the sun and you won't be able to see if you don't have something you can crank up really bright.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The adjustable RMRs (01, 06, 07) are the only models worth buying. Period. The others are a waste of money.  The 3.25 MOA (RM06) is the sweet spot for dot size. You could also drop down to the 1 MOA dot.  The 6MOA dot is too large and kills your long range accuracy.

You'll want the adjustable model.  I have an RM01 and RM06, I prefer the 3.25 MOA dot, and on a few occasions the RM01 has gotten washed out.  For EDC, I keep mine on 4 or 5 so that it's always bright enough.  For competition use, I can adjust it for the current conditions.

The Delta Point Pro is a far better optic for USPSA, and has the biggest window. You want at least 7 MOA for a pistol, after all that's a .7" diameter dot at 10 yards whereas a 1 MOA is .1" diameter and very difficult to find. Most Open Division shooters run with 5-7 MOA. 

The Delta Point Pro is a far better optic for USPSA, and has the biggest window. You want at least 7 MOA for a pistol, after all that's a .7" diameter dot at 10 yards whereas a 1 MOA is .1" diameter and very difficult to find. Most Open Division shooters run with 5-7 MOA. 
I agree about the delta point pro but I recommend the 2.5 moa dot. The 7 moa DDP is a triangle and most prefer the 2.5. I have heard people say that it is comparable to 6moa on other red dots so not every red dot lists moa the same.

35 minutes ago, Explosiveo said:

I agree about the delta point pro but I recommend the 2.5 moa dot. The 7 moa DDP is a triangle and most prefer the 2.5. I have heard people say that it is comparable to 6moa on other red dots so not every red dot lists moa the same.

We have both Deltapoint models. I have the 2.5 MOA dot on my USPSA carry optics G35 specifically for the distance accuracy or close proximity when a no shoot white target covers all but the head of the actual target. My wife has the 7 MOA triangle on her self defense XD 9 mm. The tip of the triangle is zeroed for more deliberate and accurate shots but just putting the triangle on target gives combat accuracy. She is the less experienced shooter who is primarily focused on combat or self defense.

4 minutes ago, 9x45 said:

no shoot white target covers all but the head of the actual target. That's an illegal USPSA target. It has to expose at least 50% of the A zone.

please quote me that rule. :)

Just now, Sarge said:

please quote me that rule. :)

Oh hell, I'll save you the hassle. 25% of lower A zone or all of upper A Zone.

APPENDIX B3

Metric Target

At least 25% of the lower A

-zone, or

the entire upper A

-zone, must remain

visible around hardcover or overlapping no-

shoots.

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2018 at 2:43 AM, ClangClang said:

The adjustable RMRs (01, 06, 07) are the only models worth buying. Period. The others are a waste of money.  The 3.25 MOA (RM06) is the sweet spot for dot size. You could also drop down to the 1 MOA dot.  The 6MOA dot is too large and kills your long range accuracy.

This is spot on. Take it from a guy that has 2 rm06's and one rm07, the 3.25 dot is perfect whereas the 6min dot is too big for me and has too much bloom. At least in the RMR. Now on the open gun all i had was 6min dots and i loved them.

Moving from the rm06 to the rm07 my 25 and 50yd B8s usually suffer ~5-10 pts and ~10-15 pts respectively.