Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Odd occurrence at the range recently.

robbiespratt

Hello all,

I have been shooting a VP9 for the last year or so in USPSA and Steel Challenge events along with just recreational shooting. I purchased a Sig P320 Full Size Tacops on a deal I could not pass up. Anyways, did a lot of dryfire practice with it for a few months and then a buddy and I went to the range. At about 10 yards everything I shot was low. After 150 rounds or so I pulled out my VP9 and was immediately hitting on targer. So I had my buddy shoot the P320 and he hits everything on target. I then have him shoot my VP9 and he is shooting high on everything. About the same offset that I am with the P320. We did confirm with each other that were both using the same hold pattern on the target. 

The P320 is bone stock. The VP9 has aftermarket trigger & springs with a pull weight at 2.75 pounds. Stock sights on both weapons.

I'm just trying to figure out what is causing the varience between me and my buddy. It would be one thing if he shot on target but both guns but I find it intriguing that he shoots exactly the opposite of me with the same 2 weapons....

Thoughts, opions, greatly appreciated.

12 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Probably in how the two of you "see the sights".

He is seeing the front sight a little higher in the rear sight

than you are ...

That's why YOU have to sight in YOUR gun, yourself    :) 

Kind of like how every guy had a different zero with his M16 back in the day.

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Probably in how the two of you "see the sights".

He is seeing the front sight a little higher in the rear sight

than you are ...

That's why YOU have to sight in YOUR gun, yourself    :) 

Exactly!  This is why I only sight in my kids guns to a certain point.  Then they have to dial it in for their eyes (which are considerably younger than mine).