Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

124 gr bayou lead bullets

SAMMY63

Sammy,

I use 125 gr LRN and I start with 3.2 gr Titegroup, and tried up to 3.8 gr. Though I have not used a Chrono to check for Velocity and Power Factor, b I liked the accuracy and recoil @ 20 yds loading 3.4 gr for my CZ 85 Combat. 3.6 gr is also close to the accuracy and recoil. OAL about 1.1"

Since you are using 124 gr, try a starting load of 3.2 gr, 5 rounds at a time and work your way up. Do not exceed recommended max load by the manufacturer.

Safe shooting!

You may wish to stay away from any lead bullet bullet used in combination with Titegroup powder. This combination produces a tremondous amount of smoke and earns the shooter some interesting nicknames from fellow shooters. :closedeyes:

My first relaods for 9mm were this combo, but not coated. Talk about smoke! I didn't realize until I went to shoot a match where it wasn't as breezy and a bit more humid. CHOOO CHOOO! It was streaks of smoke with each shot. Obscuring targets at any static location to a minor but embarrassing level! Ugh, just the memory brings back the feelings of shame. CHOOO CHOOO!!!! :blush: