Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My M&P9

Art Yeo

I am wondering if anyone has tried the fairly new Apex Tactical Grade Bbl?

What kind of results are you getting at 25 yards, compared to a CZ 75 and Beretta 92?

Edited by Art Yeo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I assume you mean the "Apex Grade" Semi Drop-in barrel, or SDI barrel.

Yes. A lot of us are running one.

Cliffnotes:

If your gun doesn't shoot 130+ gr bullets tighter than 4-5 inches at 25 yards, it helps a lot.

If you shoot light bullets (with good groups) or yours groups 3 inches or less, skip it.

Fitting it takes a few hours but it actually quite easy.

Run a search and you'll find a half dozen posts discussing it at length.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

How's does the 9mm apex work in a .40 slide?

Are you asking if you can convert a 40 into a 9mm using an Apex barrel? If so, the answer is no.

Ok and why is that? I know many have done it with just a factory 9mm barrel

I have a full size M&P 9 and .40 and my .40 barrel will not fit the 9mm slide. The other way around I haven't tried but the interference was the barrel hood. They measure at about .019" different, IIRC. I'm thinking that it would not be conducive to good accuracy to have that much slop that my 9mm barrel would have in the .40 slide if it did fit the other areas.

In the apex barrel for instructions they mention filing the width of the hood and say that it's a clearance issue and does not affect accuracy.  Those who have fitted a semi drop in did you have to file on this part? A in the example

image.png

image.png

In the apex barrel for instructions they mention filing the width of the hood and say that it's a clearance issue and does not affect accuracy.  Those who have fitted a semi drop in did you have to file on this part? A in the example

I had to on mine.

I am wondering if any body else has tried the Wilson Combat barrel? I got because they where the only ones who had a threaded barrel in stock with a 1 x 16 twist in stock. and compared to  the storm lakes and KKM I have had its that is way over built and I am loving it. I am the wrong one to try and say how well groups. I shake very, very badly, hell I to put my 22 pistol in a vise to it zeroed.

On 8/20/2016 at 1:34 AM, Garmil said:

image.png

image.png

Last I heard from Randy is that they changed the lock up in the front and that you might need to take material off at 12 o'clock.  I would confirm directly with them before you try fitting if you see that it's binding there for you.

I didn't have to take any width off the hood at all -- only length.  And that's probably the only place where I didn't have to remove material.  Randy has said that there isn't enough width in the hood for him to consider it a conversion barrel.  Of course, people use the factory barrel for that purpose and the width of the factory hood HAS to be smaller.