Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra-Prime

Wow, there is a "New" Frankford Arsenal Vibra-Prime on eBay that looks like will sell for half the price of an RF-100. I can not believe that Frankford does not see a market for this discontinued product. Astounding - I know I would be a buyer.

Would someone please hook these E-Bay "people" into www.BrianEnos.com and search RF 100 primer filler. Warranty and everything. I must admit to seeing the funny part. :roflol:

Yeah, the final bid on it was $170 - unbelievable. Didn't these things sell for $35-40 when they were around?? On the RF100 - I am certain it is a great product but $300+ is not in my primer tube filler budget but I would be all over a $100 solution.

Yeah, the final bid on it was $170 - unbelievable. Didn't these things sell for $35-40 when they were around?? On the RF100 - I am certain it is a great product but $300+ is not in my primer tube filler budget but I would be all over a $100 solution.

Yup - I'd also gladly pay $100 for a primer tube filler.The thing that keeps me from going with the RF100 is that I don't need one more thing to do (dump primers into filler) every 100 rounds, or need to worry about whether another machine is running properly while I'm running the press. I keep 20 primer tubs filed, so stopping every 2000 rounds isn't too bad. If I cut cut the time of that stop in half, I'd gladly pay a c-note or even two..

Yup - I'd also gladly pay $100 for a primer tube filler.The thing that keeps me from going with the RF100 is that I don't need one more thing to do (dump primers into filler) every 100 rounds, or need to worry about whether another machine is running properly while I'm running the press. I keep 20 primer tubs filed, so stopping every 2000 rounds isn't too bad. If I cut cut the time of that stop in half, I'd gladly pay a c-note or even two..

$300 does hurt... for a while... but the pain soon subsides, being replaced by the sense of comfort and freedom!

$300 is about what I spend a month on shooting supplies, so that much for great convenience I consider good trade off. I also usually dump 110 primers into it, it works perfect that way, with the tube filled to the rim. Saves me a LOT of time.

$300 does hurt... for a while... but the pain soon subsides, being replaced by the sense of comfort and freedom!

$300 is about what I spend a month on shooting supplies, so that much for great convenience I consider good trade off. I also usually dump 110 primers into it, it works perfect that way, with the tube filled to the rim. Saves me a LOT of time.

It's not the $300 that keeps me using primer tubes. Considering the costs of guns, presses, ammo, travel, etc, $300 isn't all that much $$. It's the "one more thing to do and monitor and potentially stop me when I'm cranking out a few thousand rounds." if it loaded primer tunes, I'd have one on my bench this week.

Edited by bbbean

It's not the $300 that keeps me using primer tubes. Considering the costs of guns, presses, ammo, travel, etc, $300 isn't all that much $$. It's the "one more thing to do and monitor and potentially stop me when I'm cranking out a few thousand rounds." if it loaded primer tunes, I'd have one on my bench this week.

I have three of them, and I would not be without. When the buzzer goes off, I empty the tube, dump the primers in the machine tray, press the button and go back to reloading, while the feeder goes about its job.

Overall they have been quite reliable, admittedly more so with some primers brands than others. One machine had quirks, so it went back to the factory, and came back in much better shape. Now they require close to zero attention. I just wish I could make their cycle shorter, as they still buzz long after all the primers are already in the tube.

You might want to give them a chance.

I bought mine on sale for $19.95 from Midway. I had it for 2 years before I ever used it. When I originally opened the box I was not impressed with it. Now I would not think of selling it. I load 10 primer tubes at a time, it takes less then 10 minutes.

Another of these is up on eBay. Will be interesting to see what it fetches. The last 2 went for $150 & $170...the RF-100 looks better every day. Though I am still amazed that someone else has not come out with a Vibra-Prime type product.

Check it out.I have no opinion as to liability or quality. :cheers:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NRqqZ9UkTW8

Well someone's thinking....so where can one of these be purchased? A google search of Subtle-T Primer Filler only find's the video? Anyone else heard of this one?

You can go here Somebody's remaking their version of the... to get to here Cast Boolits.

Edited by dejadoo

Am I the only one here that remembers all the guys getting upset with their Vibra Prime and spiking them on the floor? I could never understand it as mine works very well

The Vibra Prime is a good idea and I have wondered why it was stopped

Am I the only one here that remembers all the guys getting upset with their Vibra Prime and spiking them on the floor? I could never understand it as mine works very well

The Vibra Prime is a good idea and I have wondered why it was stopped

Yep, mine still works like a charm. I think I paid $19.95 for it. Wish I had bought a truck full.

• 3 weeks later...

Check it out.I have no opinion as to liability or quality. :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqqZ9UkTW8

Just wanted to let everyone know that this has moved to an "active" group buy over on Cast Boolits. In case you are interested, the link to the buy is here. Disclaimer: I have no connection to the seller....but I think it's a heck of an idea and have ordered a couple.

Edited by blueeyedme

• 1 month later...

I've had my Vibra Prime since I got it from Midway for $20.....best $20 I ever spent reloading. Hard to do without it now. I think some of these needed a really tiny bit of trimming the plastic on the holes in the tray that the primers fall through, and that was the reason some people became frustrated with them.