Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Rifle Match - OKCGC - March 26th

That's right. An IPSC style rifle match at the Oklahoma City Gun Club (www.okcgunclub.org) March 26th @ 9:00am. Sign in will start at 8:00 at the USPSA clubhouse and then we will proceed to the high-power/silhouette range directly at 9:00 to get going. We will then move back to our side of the range for the last 5-6 stages. We will shoot 7 or 8 courses of fire, close to 200 rounds (I might bring a few more) with ranges from a couple yards to possibly out to 550 yards. We will recognize Standard and Open for the match. Standard is iron sights only. The IPSC rules are posted here : https://www.ipsc.org.../RulesRifle.pdf. This will be a fun and exciting match that will test all of your rifle shooting skills. You will get dirty, you will need a sling, you will have a blast!!! This won't be a track meet match, but it will be tough nonetheless.

Scoring will be Comstock. So that means no cumulative time scoring. Each stage will have a max points value as to not take someone completely out of the match for a malfunction or some other strange reason he/she has trouble on a stage. (You are welcome Jesse)

We will post stages early so you know what type of COF's will be involved for practice.. If you aren't familiar with shooting from the sitting and kneeling positions, might want to get there.

We will signup through practiscore and I will post the link just as soon as we have it all setup. I suspect this match will fill up pretty quick so keep your eye out for more information.

Mike

ETA : Registration Link - https://practiscore.com/ipsc-rifle-match-march-26th/register

Edited by mike_pinto

IPSC rifle use comstock scoring, minor or major, exactly the same as uspsa/ipsc pistol. Also, recommended range is 0-300, the most I've ever shot was 350.

I think it's very cool that you're running rifle matches though. I hope it's popular :)

We are getting close to halfway full for the match. It's going to be a great match and expose folks to IPSC rulesets. We will have 3 stages over 100 yards and 4 minute steel targets will be used. We will have long range paper and a few short(er) courses that will test your rifle skills for sure. Plus a couple run and gun stages to boot. It will be the best $40 rifle match you will shoot all year!! :)

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are down to 20 or so spots left for the match. You don't want to miss this one. A true IPSC level 2 rifle match with incredibly fun, but very challenging stages. The round count is not very high, probably close to 175 for all 7 stages. Expect tight shots at close range, so know your offset, as well as 4 MOA shots at distance. All steel will be knockdown and will be painted for every shooter! All paper will be IPSC Classic targets (duh) with a mixture of very technical as well as run and gun.

• 1 month later...

Folks, there are still 19 slots left for our IPSC Rifle match March 26th at the Oklahoma City Gun Club. Hurry and sign up while you still can. We will be shooting out to 300 and tough little shots out to 150 or so. There is 8 stages and ~200 rounds needed. Mr Kurt Miller and I have come up with some incredible stages, yes most of them were over a drink or two while on a pig hunting trip.. https://practiscore.com/ipsc-rifle-match-march-26th/register
Only $40 entry and a lifetime of memories!!!

• 4 months later...

This match had all the 3-Gun Nation style shooters griping about how Comstock scoring takes all the fun away because you have to aim, it had USPSA 3-Gunners griping because the hit factor on most stages was so low, (all stages came directly from match booklets from either the Nordic Rifle Championships, or the European Rifle Championships.). It had everyone griping because they didn't get the subtle differences between real IPSC and the stuff they shoot in the US. So I would rate it a complete success!!! :). Yes we will be repeating it next year. Scored paper out to 300 yards with no support. Very little prone shooting available, lots of off hand and weak shoulder stuff, not too much hosing. Its a rifle after all and being able to hit stuff is what it is about. ;)