Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom Glock Lower Feed Ramp

I tried to install the ramp this weekend and ran into some problems specific to my setup. I'm not sure how to proceed and looking for suggestions from others who have installed the ramp.

I was able to file away material for ramp with a file that was the same width as the ramp. I kept monitoring the depth to avoid having the top of the ramp block the bolt, but when it got close to the depth where it would contact the bolt I could not get my lower and upper to close because the ramp wasn't deep enough. I was able to get it a little deeper (about .048" deep) and it started just contacting the bolt at that depth, but I still couldn't close the receiver as there isn't much of a gap between them when closed. Fortunately, I am able to just remove the ramp and other than 2 tiny notches there isn't going to be any negative performance.

Should I continue to deepen the notches until the upper and lower can close and file off the top of the ramp to clear the bolt? If so, how should I shape the top of the ramp?

Or

Should I try to create a notch in the lower so that it closes (not easy)?

Edited by TGibe

My pcc ran flawlessly for 3000 rounds. Then as the mag springs started to weaken, I got nose dives. Heck, even had trouble loading and making ready. 

The Taccom feed ramp was super easy to install and solved all my feeding issues. 

Still going strong on the same mag springs. 

Talked to Tim who helped me get this done. I ended up mounting the ramp down far enough so the upper and lower could close. I then had to grind off a tiny bit of the bottom of the bolt where it was just touching the ramp. Won't get to test for a few weeks as I'm off on a business trip then a 2 week vacation, but I feel like it will be an improvement...

Cheers,

Allen

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: I added the Taccom ramp and ran it in a match yesterday with 220+ rounds without a single issue. Time will tell if it will always be so, but it is nice to finally feel like the gear will run reliably.

I added the ramp because I had a FTF issue in the prior match and could see impact marks on the tips of loaded (but unfired) rounds. This weekend I put all of the rounds cleared after a stage in my pocket - later inspection showed no impact marks leading me to believe that the ramp is helping in my setup.

Another shooter in my squad also had the ramp installed and his PCC ran without an issue as well.

• 10 months later...

I am having an issue with rounds nose diving in my PCC during loading.

This only happens with Glock factory big sticks with TF or MBX extensions installed.

I can load and charge the gun with factory glock mags no problem.

I have to load the gun with factory standard mags then insert the big sticks and then they function 100%.

The lower is a NFA, the upper is a Anderson Mfg LWT, the bolt is a Faxon and the barrel is a 16" KAW valley.

Ammo is 124 gr Extreme plated round nose bullets loaded to 1.125 OAL.

I was thinking that a Taccom Glock lower feed ramp would solve this problem.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and been able to fix it?

Edited by JZELEK