Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme trigger bar fitment?...

Bapple

Working on my assembly of my Sock 2, and have installed the xtreme trigger bar and xtreme trigger.  After getting the trigger pin and trigger return spring all installed, the trigger bar feels very tight inside the frame.  Tight enough that the return spring will not bring the trigger back to start after pulling it rearwards.  Has the xtreme trigger bar has problems fitting into the frames?  Thanks for any help

Doing the full treatment on my Stock 2, bolo, titan, 1 piece sear, springs, polish.   This is my first attempt so I have been watching the disassembly and reassembly videos and following those very closely.  The only thing in the gun at the moment is the mag release, plunger assembly and now trying to get the trigger bar, return spring and xtreme trigger installed.  It really feels like the xtreme trigger bar is tight inside the frame.  Should it need fitting?

Since, to be frank, you threw money away on the Xtreme trigger bar, polish the factory one up, install it, and see if anything changes.

If that fixes it, return the Xtreme bar (you are only paying for a coating on it that doesn't do anything unless you're a foreign shooter under "no polishing" rules)  and rock on with the factory one.

If not, then something is installed wrong.

Compare the two with calipers when they're out of the gun.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Is the gun a small frame and the bar for a large frame?

Just a thought.  I would mark the bar and inside the frame with magic marker and see where it is rubbing. My suspicion is there is binding in the pin hole. Did the pin possibly start mis-aligned and get pounded in forcefully?

I assume this is a large frame gun.  It was bought earlier this year.  It is not small by any means, ha.  The pin went in very easy, as easy as a roll pin should I guess.  There was no forcing of the pin.

When I get time today, I may try to take it back apart and re install everything with the OEM trigger bar.

Are you located in USA ? There are two types of gun "large" and "small". In USA they only import large frame, but in other countries small frame is common.  Physical size of the guns are nearly identical! "Large" is able to cycle longer calibers like 45acp, 10mm and 38super.

When you take it apart, look for areas of rubbing.

After test fitting the xtreme trigger bar in the gun with no trigger attached, there seems to be plenty of room inside the frame for the bar to slide back and forth.  Also the trigger seems to move freely when testing it by itself in position.  Maybe the trigger pin was binding up somehow.  How would I go about double checking to make sure that it does not bind up?

Edited by Bapple

Bapple,

There is a circular line on the trigger. That looks like something was pinching it. You may  need to install  the assembly and see what's up with that.

I would suggest  using  a punch rather than  the pin and withhout the spring to see what's going on. It looks like it was possibly a hunk of shi.....stuff binding it. That would be the best  just clean assemble and done.

With the internet being global, i had to check where you were. I'm up in no man's land  (winter in Wisconsin)! Brrrr.

Yeah, that circular look was just some of the coating that I didnt get off in the polish.

So, I took the OEM trigger bar, polished it up and installed it with the trigger and return spring.  Working like a charm now.  That xtreme trigger bar was causing a binding somewhere somehow.  Gonna try to possibly send it back to Patriot if possible.  Will keep you posted on the rest of the install.  Thanks so far for the help guys!

Got everything put back together.  Titan, bolo, 1 piece sear (gonna need some fitting to get the safety to work), xtreme trigger, half assed polish job, 13# PD hammer spring, PD opt. firing pin spring, reduced trigger return, reduced sear spring, 10# recoil.

DA pulls are averaging 6.7# and the SA pulls are coming in at 2.11#.  Thing feels glass smooth, and the reset on the SA is almost zero.  Pretty excited about it so far.

Just need to get the sear fitting done now and then get out and test it for reliability.  Thanks guys for all the help!

Sear fitted and saftey works in hammer down, half cock, and full.  Last thing to do is test with my ammo.  

Really am glad to have tackled this project, will make working, cleaning, changing parts so much easier now.  It really isnt bad once you take it all apart and see it.  Its a beautiful thing seeing how it all works.

Interesting thing...  I fit an xtreme trigger and it was failing to return full forward. Hmmmm.  took it back out and FOUND a problem that might also have been yours.  When I pressed the roll pin back in to hold the trigger to the bar, one edge of the pin was slightly proud of the surface. The pin was dragging on the frame.  When I say "slightly" it was a couple thousandths of an inch. That's all it took.pulled it out, set it so both sides were recessed below the surface and ...presto! Smooth as glass.  Can't say it was your issue, but if I could miss it you might have too. Just a thought.