Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bolo install

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, NWfront said:

Does the Bolo install as easy and work well with the Xtreme Delta hammer?

From what I've read it sounds like you get a better trigger over the Titan.

The BOLO will require fitting... however the details to do so are on the product page on our website. Its pretty straight forward and about 5-10 min job. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2017 at 8:11 AM, PatriotDefense said:

The BOLO will require fitting... however the details to do so are on the product page on our website. Its pretty straight forward and about 5-10 min job. 

Thanks for the help over the phone.  I tested it out today and everything worked perfectly.

For those looking at the Bolo/Delta it seemed to drop in and work but the SA felt like it was just on the edge of not resetting.  A few rounds of fitting and it was good to go.  

5 hours ago, NWfront said:

Thanks for the help over the phone.  I tested it out today and everything worked perfectly.

For those looking at the Bolo/Delta it seemed to drop in and work but the SA felt like it was just on the edge of not resetting.  A few rounds of fitting and it was good to go.  

glad to hear, thanks for the feedback. 

• 3 weeks later...

ary, just installed the bolo (titan + 1pc sear) last night and quite happy about it. my question is the SA reset. without any comparison reference here in the Philippines, I wonder if i got the fitting right. the my SA reset is a light 'tick' and almost feels like a stop for the trigger to move further. is that about right? or should i shave more until i hear a definite 'CLICK' like in the stock Stock 3.

• 8 months later...

Hello sorry to bring up an old topic but I have a question regarding the short stroke from the bolo.  I have been running it after the modification with a decent double action pull that was able to set off winchester primers 90% of the time on double action.  after a few hundred rounds, it started short stroking very bad.  So I flattened out the area where the bolo meets the trigger bar and it was fixed/double action went almost as far as single action.  About a thousand rounds later I am starting to short stroke again.  I tried to flatten the same area out but I am still short stroking/not able to get as far as it used to.  My question is, is there a point where you just have to get a new bolo? Do these just wear out?  Or is it a repeat cycle of trying to flatten the worn area every few hundred or thousand rounds to keep you double action pull consistent.  I have the goodies installed:

Xtreme 1 pc Sear

Titan Hammer

Bolo

15 # PD Spring

Extended FP block

PD Trigger & sear spring

all polished 4 times or more, very smooth

The trigger bar "nose", where it contacts the bolo can be over polished. That allows the bolo to slip off too soon.

Increasing the DA stroke with a bolo (assuming all setup correctly)  has been posted by @Patriotdefense , recommend reading that over. Also look at the trigger bar.

Just now, johnbu said:

The trigger bar "nose", where it contacts the bolo can be over polished. That allows the bolo to slip off too soon.

Increasing the DA stroke with a bolo (assuming all setup correctly)  has been posted by @Patriotdefense , recommend reading that over. Also look at the trigger bar.

Thanks johnbu I have lurked here for a while and read many useful things from you guys I appreciate it!  I already did the modification that PD posted and all was well I was just wondering why it was wearing out over time shooting.  I suppose I could of overpolished the trigger bar I didn't even think about that, I will probably order another one anyway since it would be nice to have a spare while possibly fixing the problem I am having.  Thank you for the reply!

Hope it helps.

I used my primary with a chamber laser and computer program (LASR) and DA dry fired at least 1000 a day. My son did a couple hundred. And our youth team did 200 / person * 20 kids a week for 4 months.  and the DA started to drop early. The trigger bar (where the wing is pushed) was worn.

Oddly, after replacing i had to do the bolo mod too.  goofy things happen from tolerance in the parts.

Well just ordered the trigger bar from PD and I will make sure not to over-polish the area that contacts the bolo.  Wow you definitely had way more pulls on yours than I did on mine before mine started wearing!  I am hoping this is the case.  Thanks again for the help!