Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I just ordered my Case pro

Ray_Z

OK sports fans, I did the dirty deed the other day. I went to the case pro web site and ordered one. Now all I have to do is wait. Hell!! I never was much good at that.

Question, will I need the 1/2 mounting kit if I plan on securing it to my bench? I have a 1/2" steel plate mounted to the front of my bench that I drill and tap for each of the pieces of equipment that I use. I plan on doing the same thing with the case pro.

I received my CP about two months ago. Did you order more than one set of dies? The CP needs four 1/4" x 20 (course thread) bolts to secure it. Length will be according to you needs. I set mine up on 3/4" plywood with the mount for my Dillon casefeeder mounted on the plywood. Welded the casefeeder mount together which is 1" x1" square tubing. Two bolts for the CP and the casefeeder stand bolts are screwed into T-nuts which are inletted into the bottom of the plywood so the plywood can be bolted to my loading bench. The loading bench has T-nuts underneath so I don't have to use nuts and washers to secure everyting. I wanted to be able to remove the whole setup from my bench and store it elsewhere.

CYa,

Pat

How much did that set you back Ray? :unsure:

Don't know yet. They will contact me when it's ready. I'm guessing that it's going to set me back $600 with one set of dies. It's a bit stiff, but I'm tired of chamber checking each piece of 9mm brass after I resize it.

I received my CP about two months ago. Did you order more than one set of dies? The CP needs four 1/4" x 20 (course thread) bolts to secure it. Length will be according to you needs. I set mine up on 3/4" plywood with the mount for my Dillon casefeeder mounted on the plywood. Welded the casefeeder mount together which is 1" x1" square tubing. Two bolts for the CP and the casefeeder stand bolts are screwed into T-nuts which are inletted into the bottom of the plywood so the plywood can be bolted to my loading bench. The loading bench has T-nuts underneath so I don't have to use nuts and washers to secure everyting. I wanted to be able to remove the whole setup from my bench and store it elsewhere.

CYa,

Pat

Pat

Is it necessary to first bolt the CP to a board, then that board to the bench? What I thought I could do was bolt the CP to the left of my 650 and just pivot the case feeder. Is that possible? Will I still need the 1/2 mounting plate?

Edited by Ray_Z

Wow, I just slide mine up on the bench and C-Clamp it in place when I'm Using it. Then put it away on the shelf when I'm done. If your getting more than one caliber then I suggest that you do it when having it built. I got a die after mine was many years old and I had to shim it to make it work right, but it does rock.

Just turn the case feed a little on the 650 filler up clamp the case pro under the tube and in a few minutes a 1000 or more cases all ready to load.

I have the best running 38 SC open gun in the area, its the CasePro, I use it on 40 and now with a Major 9.

Ray: That plate you use should work well. I'd asked Mike Fleury about the mount when I got word from him that my unit was ready, back in December - he didn't have any at the time. Dunno if he has them now. I don't need one, since I don't have a case feeder, but Mike included a diagram of how to set up a base plate with a casefeed mount oriented correctly for the CP on the same slab.

Mine is mounted like Pat's - movable base - that I might put a casefeed on if I get a press using one in the future.

I agree with Ron - get all the calibers you plan on using now. It's actually less expensive if you get two calibers set up on one forming die. (You and Chris can PM me if you want to know exactly what it cost).

Kevin

Ray,

If you are bolting yours to the bench and will be leaving it in place the plywood isn't necessary. Setting yours up so you can rotate the casefeeder mounted on your 650 would be the cats pajamas. I needed to be able to remove mine as I use the bench for other uses thus the plywood base.

CYa,

Pat

Ray,

If you are bolting yours to the bench and will be leaving it in place the plywood isn't necessary. Setting yours up so you can rotate the casefeeder mounted on your 650 would be the cats pajamas. I needed to be able to remove mine as I use the bench for other uses thus the plywood base.

CYa,

Pat

That makes since. When I load a caliber I usually do 3000-4000 at a time. Bolt it down, run my tumbled brass through it, then on to the loading.

Thanks for the help guys

Ray

t I have the best running 38 SC open gun in the area, its the CasePro, I use it on 40 and now with a Major 9.

goof.gif What! roflol.gif Every time our squad waited on your group sunday you were clearing jamssight.gif

Ok Mr Alamo - Yes I had a problem with my #1 gun and it was not Ammo it was SAND. That Red Sand got into the gun and shut it down. It wasn't enough it was blowing like crazy, I took the gun apart at the safe table and changed out the new guide rod I was trying (aluminum) and put the steel back in. while opened up I'm sure it go sand in all its crevaces. I went to the backup gun, kept it bagged unless shooting and it RAN 100% just as it always does for the remainder match.

I will go on record here as saying that my OPEN 38 SC guns run 100% all the time. I had the slot of the slide racker milled off the slide. Why cause it ain't necessary when you go a gun that runs. Does a case pro contribute to this. I think it sure helps with stacking in the mag and feeding. If you chamber check each round and I do CasePro or not you can atleast avoid jams.

By the way if #2 gun had gone down, I had #3 gun in the trunk ready to go.

Sorry you had to wait on us. That was a lazy squad, and it irritated me. Two days in a row I was in a lazy squad, crap.

In the case of the CasePro above, yeah you could grab a samich but you might want to be eating it in the same room. Might get a jam in the case feeder or the CasePro as both are mechanical contraptions. Very nice mechanical contraptions. :cheers: If I can ever locate a 30 rpm gear reduction motor for a reasonable price I'll be building my own contraption.

CYa,

Pat

I get what that thing is supposed to do (remove the bulge) but what I DONT get is how it actually works. I see the case feeder atop the case pro ...... Does it run by itself? (meaning can I go grab a sandwich and come back?)

Yes, here are some videos

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/casepro/?action=view&current=casepro.flv

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/casepro/?action=view&current=casepro1.flv

The case drops between the dies (one is tapered) and as it slides out the case rolls down the die that puts it bact to spec.

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked, it's been a little over 2 years (I mean weeks)since I ordered my case pro. I'm like a little kid on Christmas eve. Can't stop thinking about the new toy that's coming.

OK sports fans, I did the dirty deed the other day. I went to the case pro web site and ordered one. Now all I have to do is wait. Hell!! I never was much good at that.

Question, will I need the 1/2 mounting kit if I plan on securing it to my bench? I have a 1/2" steel plate mounted to the front of my bench that I drill and tap for each of the pieces of equipment that I use. I plan on doing the same thing with the case pro.

hi

do you have any contact inf for case pro . i need 9 mm dies