Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge

• 2 weeks later...

Since I volunteered to RO this match today I went looking for a Hotel.

I struck a deal with La Quinta Sales manager for a discount for all Shooters that call them to make reservations for the match dates April 15-18, 2010 or any portion there of. Their room with 2 Queen Beds, listed on the interned at the cheapest price of $99.00, if you say Space City Challenge the price is $80 per night. King rooms slightly less expensive.

This is a brand new hotel. They have a good breakfast and complementary drinks in the evening.

Phone 281-585-3900 to make reservations. This is the Alvin, TX LaQuinta, and it is close to the range. Rooms are first come first serve, and the Sales Manager told me he needs to put some heads in beds.

It looks like you shoot the entire match in 1 day. Either Saturday with full squads or Sunday with half squads. Is this correct?

Correct. RO's and staff on Friday, competitors either Saturday or Sunday. Last year we had a little bad weather (just a little rain here and there) so some Saturday shooters finished up Sunday morning. Even with the delays, we were finished before 3 PM Sunday.

Bill

XRE - Are you saying you think it was more than a little rain. I have to agree it was a major turd floater, I hear it set some kind of Weather Record for heavy rain. As a staff member we did all we could to make the show go on and it did. Much credit has to go to Landis for making it happen.

Compared to the 2009 Double Tap the Weather was excellent. I prefer rain over sleet, snow and a 30 mph wind with a chill factor of -1000.

When is the cut off date when late fee kicks in?

Not that I'm planning on doing it, just curious. :)

I'm willing to bet its April 1st. I've sent Tom (our SC) an e-mail. If its anything different I'll post it here.

And Dave, that spot of rain sure didn't bother Aristotle (aka "The U-Boat Commander).

Bill

When is the cut off date when late fee kicks in?

Not that I'm planning on doing it, just curious. :)

I'm willing to bet its April 1st. I've sent Tom (our SC) an e-mail. If its anything different I'll post it here.

And Dave, that spot of rain sure didn't bother Aristotle (aka "The U-Boat Commander).

Bill

Heard back from the SC. Late fees apply after April 1st.

Stages go in to NROI for approval tomorrow.

Edited by Flatland Shooter