Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is everyone going to 9 major?

rupture

Sorry to ask, but I don't see it on the website, and I'm unable to call.

Last I knew it was $295/K plus shipping unless you're a LEO/Military and get shipping free. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new open gun being built is in .38 SC. Powder selection (or lack thereof) is what did it for me. Living in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, I don't have the luxury of mail ordering powder so I'm stuck with whatever powder the few dealers here can get a hold of. I figured that there are more powders that will work with .38 vs 9 major when powder actually does trickle in here. Plus, I get back nearly all of my brass at local club matches and practice.

Thanks Albert, do you happen to know pricing? Thanks again for the info!

I'm buying the .38 Super Comp from AA and the case I got this week was $392 for a thousand including delivery to the Seattle area. (This is loaded ammunition, not just brass.)

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

who of you guys is really buying 9mm brass? At least on my side of the pond supply is so plentyfull that its not even worth picking them up. Just get them out of the trashcan. Which would change the calculation to 9mm brass nothn 38 around 300 per 1000

who of you guys is really buying 9mm brass? At least on my side of the pond supply is so plentyfull that its not even worth picking them up. Just get them out of the trashcan. Which would change the calculation to 9mm brass nothn 38 around 300 per 1000

I'll sometimes buy some 9mm brass, if it's once-fired Winchester brand. I was getting it for $90-$100, for a large, USPS, flat rate box, which is almost 4,000 pieces.

• 2 months later...

I buy all my brass as new. When your good quality brass is not first fired in loooooose chambered duty pistol chamber, it seems to last 15-20 major reloads. I use new brass for matches, pick it up and use once or more fired brass for practice.

38 Super = more fuel, more gas, more comp. For me, the gun has to shoot flat as possible. If you don't mind a bit more muzzle rise, and if you don't port your barrels, then 9mm seems like a logical choice - although the only upside is brass price. That's not enough for me to switch from a very flat-shooting cartridge to one I have to work with for half a season, personally.