Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When returning to threads

Sarge

I don't understand. ?

?=why When I come back to threads Sometimes I don't go to the first post. I got to the last post or somewhere on a different page. If it is taking me back to the first post made after my last visit I want to disable that feature. Possible?

It may be a setting within the board itself. The little red arrow to the left of the title is supposed to take you to the first unread post, or the last post if you've already read it. Clicking on the actual title is doing the same thing and I suspect that they are supposed to be different. ie, clicking the title should take you to the first post in the topic not the last unread post.

The small icon is set to : showtopic=99528&view=getnewpost

And the title is set to : showtopic=99528&view=getnewpost&hl=&fromsearch=1

I think the title link should be : showtopic=99528&hl=

Edited by BritinUSA

When I click on a thread title, it takes me to the opening post.

When I click on the little --> that is right next to the thread title, it takes me to the 1st unread post.

Both of the above are when I am looking directly at a forum topic. If I am on the front page of the forum and looking at all of the forum's major categories, I can see links to the latest posts in any forum, when I mouse over those links, it looks like those take me to the 1st unread post.

A lot of times, mousing over a link will let you know where it will go before you actually click it.

This problem is only apparent from a list of topics after clicking the View New Content button.

Ahhhh.... that "view new content" is a feature that I don't use here, and I don't think Brian does either.

Looks like (clicking on a topic title in that list) it takes you to the last post that you haven't already viewed?

Hmmm

Ahhhh.... that "view new content" is a feature that I don't use here, and I don't think Brian does either.

Looks like (clicking on a topic title in that list) it takes you to the last post that you haven't already viewed?

Hmmm

Right. Clicking on a topic title in that list used to take you to the very first post. That way you could start at the beginning or jump to the first unread.

Then how do you navigate, just go through each section one at a time? I do that with other boards but there are too many sections and posts here to do that efficiently.

Then how do you navigate, just go through each section one at a time?

Yep. Kyle reads the board from the top down, I believe, section by section.....

I do the same, except I start at the bottom.....

Whenever I click on a thread, it takes me directly to the last post made in that thread. Doesn't matter if I have read any of the others or not. Like it on threads I have been reading, not do much on ones I had not read yet. Any ideas on how to change this?