Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Howdy from Strasbourg

Slim Pickens

Welcome and congrats on the CZ75.

My wife shoots one and she loves the thing. I try to borrow it form time to time and she just won't have it.

The CZ75 is a great gun for Production but I would suggest that you make you first couple of runs in the limited division so you can load it up to full mag capacity and not worry as much with reloading. 3 High cap mags will get you thru the first couple of matches, along with a holster and a couple of mag pouches.

Keep your focus on making hits, don't worry about time, or your score. After 10 or 12 matches you will start to get the hang of it.

An easy mod for the CZ75 that will make the trigger a lot better is to put a 15# main spring in the gun, they come with a 22#. You can get this Wolf. The other thing is a flat mag break so the mags drop free, these are at CZCustom.com. Both of these are easy enough for a shooter with a little mechanical know how to do. The competition hammer needs to be installed by a smith as the safety bar has to be cut, but it does make the trigger a lot crisper and the reset shorter.

Good Luck and have fun.

Well you get style points for the avatar! Welcome and enjoy :cheers:

Like the 75. Cocobolo has good ideas on it too. It was one I tried when I was younger. A friend of the family had one and let me shoot it for a match. Reminded me of the HiPower alot. (Which I love but do not compete with.) Enjoy and destroy!

JZ

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

@CocoBolo thanks for the tips. So far I've only put about 200 rounds through the gun, so I'd like to get to know it a bit better before making any modifications. I don't want to be the guy with the tricked-out gun who can't shoot worth a damn! :cheers:

Welcome from another newcomer to Brianenos.com I'm also a newcomer to handguns. I've been looking at the cz75 in 9mm. I've got something I can shoot steels with but I'ld like a semi that I can modify to suit.

Keep posting and reading. See ya round.

Frank