Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P40 Pro

Alfie

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I waited too long. My M&P Pro 40 is gone, and now I can't find them in stock anywhere online. JMIS, where did you find yours?

I did come across a M&P Pro 40L. I'm not certain what the "L" is about, maybe a Law Enforcement version? If the M&P 40 makes the approved gun list for USPSA Production Division, does that include the 40L as well? I see that the list currently contains a M&P Pro 9 and 9L.

I just picked up a .40 PRO today. I'm going to set it up for Limited or Limted 10. I have 9mm PRO that I shoot in Production and love it :)

Well, I waited too long. My M&P Pro 40 is gone, and now I can't find them in stock anywhere online. JMIS, where did you find yours?

I did come across a M&P Pro 40L. I'm not certain what the "L" is about, maybe a Law Enforcement version? If the M&P 40 makes the approved gun list for USPSA Production Division, does that include the 40L as well? I see that the list currently contains a M&P Pro 9 and 9L.

I just picked up a .40 PRO today. I'm going to set it up for Limited or Limted 10. I have 9mm PRO that I shoot in Production and love it :)

My local shop was able to find ONE instock. As far as I know they only make one .40 in the 5" and it's the Pro. It just might be listed as long. If it has the FO front sight it's the Pro. Buds Guns did have them listed instock on there sight.

I have been shooting my 40pro for couple months now and cant wait to get all my upgrades on it and try it out in limited. But would be nice to get it on the production list so i can make a choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a line on where I can find an M&P Pro 40? Online dealers or local guns shops. They seem to have dried up.

Check with Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gun Works or else check with Brett Greene at G&G Custom Guns. I got one from each of them. They may still have some or can possibly get you one. They have some pretty good connections. Bobby has a website and Brett's email is Brettgreene@hughes.net

Nate

Just picked up my M&P 40 Pro and I am anxious to get her up and running. I know a lot of you have been looking and I don't post this to snub anyone just had to share. Looks like I am going over to SSS to start ordering. I have a lot of practice as I am currently shooting a 4.25" M&P 40 with all of the accessories. Good luck everyone

Does anyone have a line on where I can find an M&P Pro 40? Online dealers or local guns shops. They seem to have dried up.

Check with Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gun Works or else check with Brett Greene at G&G Custom Guns. I got one from each of them. They may still have some or can possibly get you one. They have some pretty good connections. Bobby has a website and Brett's email is Brettgreene@hughes.net

Nate

Got mine from Bobby a couple months ago and he is doing some slide cuts on it now. I'll be using mine for Limited and Limited-10. Check with Bobby and see if he has any.

My M&P Pro 40 arrived today. Thanks to those of you who offered leads and especially to aggieddad02 and JeffWard for your above and beyond efforts. For anyone that is still looking for this gun (5" barrel, FO front sight, S&W number 178032), I was contacted by one of the many sites that I left messages at, Get R Done Guns has one in stock. getgunsonline.com

A word of warning for those looking for this gun. I have seen multiple sites show a M&P Pro in stock, but it turned out to be a 4.25" barrel. Sometimes the barrel length is referenced, but not always. If you want the real M&P Pro in 40 cal with a 5" barrel, make sure that the S&W p/n is 178032.

Edited by MojitoCalido

Does anyone know how close we are to getting the 5” 40 S&W pro approved for limited and production?

Hey everyone,

Sorry, just seeing this! From what I understand S&W has passed the 500 mark for USPSA, but the paperwork for USPSA has not been completed. The M&P Pro 40 is not currently legal in USPSA Production as S&W has not met USPSA's minimums.

For 5" guns in the M&P line, the Pro in 9mm and the 9L are legal in Limited and Production. I myself personally don't agree with the logic of not approving the 5" .40 since there is no competitive advantage gained in capacity or felt recoil with all production guns scored minor and limited to 10 rounds. USPSA likely developed the 2K rule so that boutique companies couldn't create small quantities of production guns. Unfortunately how major manufacturers schedule production does not seem to have been taken into account. It comes down to supply and demand from the distribution system. S&W faced the same challenge with the Pro 9mm and the 9L becoming Production legal when there were extremely MINOR differences between the 2 models (trigger weight, slide cuts and an insignificant difference in weight). I personally disagree with the rules in these cases, but all I can offer at this time is that other shooting sports recognize the M&P Pro 40 as the same model, simply in a different caliber.

I'll see what I can do to get the paperwork moving along where I can.

Julie

Hi Ryan,

Paperwork for the 4” M&P 40 Pro and the 5” M&P 40 Pro was submitted to John Amidon via email for the Limited & Limited 10 Division requirements last week. I'll do my best to check the status for Production and request that be submitted as well.

All the best,

Julie

Got an email from John Amidon. Both the standard and 5" M&P Pro Series .40 are legal in Limited, L10 and Open. John said he'll have it published in the next front sight but they are OFFICIALLY legal in those divisions. I'll see what I can do about Production next!

Julie

Julie -

Per the above posts, the M&P Pro 40 (5") is good for USPSA Limited and Limited 10, but still needs to have S&W submit paperwork, and get USPSA approval, before it gets on the USPSA Production Division approved gun list. Can I respectfully request that you check with John Amidon or someone else at S&W to get an update on the status of this task. It seems that there is a lot of interest in getting this gun approved. Any assistance that you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by MojitoCalido

Brian, don't know if you plan to go with the CR Speed belt and mag pouches but if you do here is my remedy to get the mag pouches to fit the M&P mags. After some thought and review of the different shims I went to Lowes and purchased some rubber washers measuring 1/4 X 11/4 X 1/16 and placed these behind the larger shim (non Glock and non CZ/Beretta) and it works perfectly. Stay in touch I want to know how the two of you are getting along.

Walter

• 1 month later...

Being how I just bought a M&P 40L for production division, I'm giving this a bump for any updates.

I'm hearing (and this is interwebz rumor, so take it FWIW) that S&W is/was only making the 40L on a limited production run basis, but is making the 5" 40 Pro in greater numbers (enough to be put on the USPSA production approved list). Does that mean I'll probably not be able to use my 40L in production division? Why can't USPSA just include the 40L with the 5" 40 Pro? They are essentially the same gun minus a FO front and different sear.

You would think they would include it but hard to say. I say if the 9 pro is on the list why cant the 40 be on it same gun just bigger barrel not like you gain an advantage by shooting 40 over 9.

Edited by Roundguy

Being how I just bought a M&P 40L for production division, I'm giving this a bump for any updates.

I'm hearing (and this is interwebz rumor, so take it FWIW) that S&W is/was only making the 40L on a limited production run basis, but is making the 5" 40 Pro in greater numbers (enough to be put on the USPSA production approved list). Does that mean I'll probably not be able to use my 40L in production division? Why can't USPSA just include the 40L with the 5" 40 Pro? They are essentially the same gun minus a FO front and different sear.

There are actually difference between the slides on the two guns. Why? No idea, but the profile is different.

Here is the 9Pro vs the 9L

Provs9L.jpg

Notice the difference under the barrel.

Jeff

Looking at that 9L and my 40L, I would imagine since the 9L/40L is marketed as a duty carry/defensive gun (with night sights and 3 mags) the machined taper on the recoil spring hood would definitely allow for smoother, snag free holstering into a duty leather holster.

I'm just hoping USPSA approves the 40L and 5" 40 pro as production guns.

Edited by snow patrol

Just picked up my 40L from Dale Hunnicutt (Grip Reductions) yesterday, did his great trigger job & installed the Apex RAM to provide a little more reset feedback. Frickin awesome trigger job, fast turnaround & a nice guy too.

Swapped out the rear night sight that came on my 40L with the 10-8 M&P "U" notch rear sight. Very impressed so far, will follow up after I get a little more range time on the combo. Anyone else running the 10-8 sight?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how close we are to getting the 5” 40 S&W pro approved for limited and production?

Hey everyone,

Sorry, just seeing this! From what I understand S&W has passed the 500 mark for USPSA, but the paperwork for USPSA has not been completed. The M&P Pro 40 is not currently legal in USPSA Production as S&W has not met USPSA's minimums.

For 5" guns in the M&P line, the Pro in 9mm and the 9L are legal in Limited and Production. I myself personally don't agree with the logic of not approving the 5" .40 since there is no competitive advantage gained in capacity or felt recoil with all production guns scored minor and limited to 10 rounds. USPSA likely developed the 2K rule so that boutique companies couldn't create small quantities of production guns. Unfortunately how major manufacturers schedule production does not seem to have been taken into account. It comes down to supply and demand from the distribution system. S&W faced the same challenge with the Pro 9mm and the 9L becoming Production legal when there were extremely MINOR differences between the 2 models (trigger weight, slide cuts and an insignificant difference in weight). I personally disagree with the rules in these cases, but all I can offer at this time is that other shooting sports recognize the M&P Pro 40 as the same model, simply in a different caliber.

I'll see what I can do to get the paperwork moving along where I can.

Julie

Hi Ryan,

Paperwork for the 4” M&P 40 Pro and the 5” M&P 40 Pro was submitted to John Amidon via email for the Limited & Limited 10 Division requirements last week. I'll do my best to check the status for Production and request that be submitted as well.

All the best,

Julie

Got an email from John Amidon. Both the standard and 5" M&P Pro Series .40 are legal in Limited, L10 and Open. John said he'll have it published in the next front sight but they are OFFICIALLY legal in those divisions. I'll see what I can do about Production next!

Julie

Julie -

Per the above posts, the M&P Pro 40 (5") is good for USPSA Limited and Limited 10, but still needs to have S&W submit paperwork, and get USPSA approval, before it gets on the USPSA Production Division approved gun list. Can I respectfully request that you check with John Amidon or someone else at S&W to get an update on the status of this task. It seems that there is a lot of interest in getting this gun approved. Any assistance that you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have any idea how close we are to getting the M&P Pro 40 (5") added to the USPSA Production Division approved list???

• 1 month later...

Why hasn't the 40 pro 5" been put on the approved production list? I have waited for over a year, Last week a friend told me he was going to get an XDM 5.25 Competition model to shoot in production I told him he might want to wait because it would take awhile to get on the list, he said it was already on the list, sure enough it is the gun has only been out for a month or so!

So who's fault is this, USPSA or S&W? Come on is it that hard? Or am I missing something?