Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hook 'em Horns!

Middle Man

Alabama was a shoe in anyway. You don't 13-0 in the SEC without being one helluva team.

One helluva team? If they didn't have Ingram, they'd have been more like 0-13. They threw 12 passes in the whole game, and completed 6 - and McElroy only threw 11 of those 12. He got sacked, what, 7 times? Without having the Heisman winner on the team, Alabama would've been nowhere, as their offense was otherwise basically ineffectual minus a couple of sharp runs by Richardson. Witness the string of "3 and outs" while Ingram was out of the game...

No, Texas lost the game not because they lost McCoy (which sucked - and his skills could definitely have made a difference in several situations)... They lost because their defense seemingly has forgotten how to tackle, their offensive line didn't show up for the first half, the offense as a whole couldn't set up a block to save their lives, and they only had one receiver who remembered how to catch the ball. Gilbert only made two real mistakes that I saw - 2 of his 4 picks were total rookie moves, the other two resulting from receivers bobbling the ball (including the shovel pass that resulted in a 'Bama touchdown). Somebody should've picked up Anders, too, but he was completely missed on the lineup - good play on Anders part.

Yes, things probably would've played out differently with Colt in the game, but judging by the Big 12 Champs against Nebraska, it could've easily played out the same way or worse (because the team that showed up to play Nebraska was ugly in all the same ways, only they didn't seem to snap out of it at the half).

My old man made the comment that neither one of the teams that showed up last night deserved the National Championship - even though I'm a UT fan, I think I agree with him.... :surprise:

Good on Ingram for being, what, only the 6th Heisman winner to win the National Championship in the same year? :cheers:

Congratulations on #8.

I think I'm moving some place warm with a low, low density of bammer fans and slobbering sports media. I'm thinking Arizona... The best FB status I read last night rather sums it up: " I wear an Auburn shirt because I went there. You wear an Alabama shirt because you went to Walmart."

I do not believe we can sum up a season on just one game as much as it is a cumulation of the previous 12 games......How many top ranked teams did Bama play and BEAT (most notable Florida) who bounced back in the bowl game and beat Cinci like a rented mule. Damn, I sound like a freekin BAMA fan.....it is cold enough here apparently for hell to freeze over!! Through out the year the 2 teams played better than the other teams in nation OR they would not have ended up the Championship game right, how could the BCS ever be wrong... :ph34r: I seem to recall a Great 2004 Auburn team that got screwed!!

Edited by DrawandDuck

I turned the game off when Colt got hurt. I knew the outcome at that point.

Agreed. If he would've been able to stay in I believe the horns would've had 'em. My hat's off to Saban though, how about that fake punt on the first series, way back in their own territory? Ballsiest move I've seen in a long time.

IMO Colt let his team mates and fans down. They woulda had to carry me out on a stretcher to keep me out of the game. He was standing on the sideline, moving both arms. I don't get it. I would have much rather him not get hurt. Guess he couldn't stand up to the SEC heat.

I couldn't turn it off. I am not an Alabama or Texas fan. But I did want to see how The team that beat the Gators does against Texas. My opinion is the better team won. Alabama recognized a weakness in the blind side of the texas offense and exploited it to the fullest. Both teams played ok football for the most part, but the plays made by the alabama defense really paid off.

IMO Colt let his team mates and fans down. They woulda had to carry me out on a stretcher to keep me out of the game. He was standing on the sideline, moving both arms. I don't get it. I would have much rather him not get hurt. Guess he couldn't stand up to the SEC heat.

Post-game he said he said the arm was numb, no feeling...much like all the guys attempting the ninja reload technique.

Post-game he said he said the arm was numb, no feeling...much like all the guys attempting the ninja reload technique.

I keep hearing Cuba goodings voice in the background saying "Show me the money".

Grew up in Alabama, have always been an Alabama fan, probably have gotten louder about it as of late because I finally have something to cheer about. FYI, I'm a MS State fan too. Don't want someone calling me a poser later if they suddenly do something good and it makes me happy.

Anyway, I was disappointed in the game overall. I don't feel like the same team that beat Florida showed up last night. McElroy was off and the AL line wasn't doing well at all. Texas didn't send anyone at Alabama that was any better than they've faced all year but for some reason they were getting through. My hats off to the Horn's defensive backfield because they played Alabama tighter than anyone else has all year.

I was also very impressed with the freshman QB from Texas who stepped into the biggest most chaotic pit you can imagine and played one heck of a game. I saw him make very few mistakes, he just didn't get a lot of help from his receivers.

As far as McCoy's injury goes, I hated to see him go out like that because it does take something away from the victory. I hope he's ok as I don't know the extent of his injury so I'll withhold further comment on him.

Even ugly, Alabama is the National Champion and I'm looking forward to next year.

I'm also glad I no longer live in the state of AL b/c I would have to cancel my newspaper subscription b/c for the next 12 months the front page headline each day is going to be dominated by what Saban had for breakfast that morning or what Saban thought about the latest Bachellor episode, etc.

I'm also glad I no longer live in the state of AL b/c I would have to cancel my newspaper subscription b/c for the next 12 months the front page headline each day is going to be dominated by what Saban had for breakfast that morning or what Saban thought about the latest Bachellor episode, etc.

I left the paper in the yard this morning, and not because it was 15 degrees either. I'm very thankful for that XM radio subscription today.

Agreed. If he would've been able to stay in I believe the horns would've had 'em. My hat's off to Saban though, how about that fake punt on the first series, way back in their own territory? Ballsiest move I've seen in a long time.

I guess you missed the Fiesta Bowl. Boise St. did it from their own 33 with 9:45 or so left in the 4th quarter tied 10-10. That there is guts. Maybe, just maybe, these guys will get some respect someday.

I usually do not watch college Football (like NFL more), but I had heard how good both teams were and that it might be a good game to watch. When I watch Colt go down and then they brought in the second stringer, I said well thats it. They tried to keep it close, but BAMA was to strong.

IMO Colt let his team mates and fans down.

Well, your opinion don't know facts. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...o&type=lgns

I've had a similar injury, only on my left side. It made shooting rather entertaining, as the dead-ish arm is "stupid". He'll be healed up in 6 weeks or so, and back to normal, unless it's more extensive than anyone's letting on - but for now, he can't do anything useful with that arm (except maybe attempt "The Stranger" :surprise: )