Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Over 20,000 members on BE.COM

BritinUSA

...many of whom don't post any more. :rolleyes:

10,228 of whom have never posted.....

some of those appear to be duplicate log-ins, but many are lurkers......

I can call up the black helicopters and satellite resources if we need to start finding those sneaky lurkers :roflol:

Well, as one who does not post much, I will say it can be a bit intimidating to post on this forum sometimes. There is a high level of knowledge among the members here, especially among the most active posters. I am hesitant to add anything to most threads as I don't feel that I have enough knowledge and experience to really make a worthwhile contribution. "Better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt".

On the other hand, I have learned tons by lurking.

JMO.

Well, as one who does not post much, I will say it can be a bit intimidating to post on this forum sometimes. There is a high level of knowledge among the members here, especially among the most active posters. I am hesitant to add anything to most threads as I don't feel that I have enough knowledge and experience to really make a worthwhile contribution. "Better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt".

On the other hand, I have learned tons by lurking.

JMO.

Questions are always good. I've learned as much from C and B level shooters as from GMs --- it's just different. GMs can shave lots of time off certain techniques, if they spend five minutes with you at the safe table. Your fellow competitors --- trying to excel --- can teach you just as much, if you watch them run stages and then evaluate their results....

I now turn off my electronic muffs when I shoot since the better shooters were using me as a teaching aide...

Now watch Gomer....don't do that....or that....and definitely not that....

Now why in the heck would ANYONE want to do that?!?

Oh yeah, and...

That's what I like about you, Mike...you're stoopid!
Edited by High Lord Gomer

I now turn off my electronic muffs when I shoot since the better shooters were using me as a teaching aide...
Now watch Gomer....don't do that....or that....and definitely not that....

Now why in the heck would ANYONE want to do that?!?

Oh yeah, and...

That's what I like about you, Mike...you're stoopid!

I've been that a time or two....actually quite recently lol :angry2:

My situation here is somewhat unique so I'm not a typical forum member. However, I have learned an incredible amount of stuff by just being here for several years and 'listening' to all the other experts do their thing.

Moreover, I make it a point to regularly click on posts that are subjects I know little or nothing about. Without fail, each and every time, I learn something so utterly interesting that I wonder why I don't do it more often. This is truly a forum about learning and respectful social interaction. B)

Lurker, but learning a lot,as a matter of fact thank you ALL very much.

IT's bad, I had a dream last night of a new 6" flutted barrel how bad do i have it??

Who took my pic in walmart?

Edited by KPIC24

Hi dear shooter friends, I saw about this forum at the brian website, and I found this place a paradise for a shooter like me ... I hope you escuse me for my english!!

best compliments to brian and to all working to make this place alive

:cheers:

Edited by lucasb67

I too have to say thank you for all I have learned. Sometimes I can't get the answer to a question up fast enough, some people here are not only fast draws but fast thinkers also. Like SiG Lady said I've learned something new here everyday and I am grateful I found this place. You guys and gals ROCK!!!

Looking forward to the New Year.

Marc

We now have 20,010 registered members on this forum... :cheers:
10,228 of whom have never posted.....

The numbers are not out of line with online forums. I once ran the numbers on one firearms forum that gets posts from all over the planet. About half the registered users never posted. Just ran the numbers from my local shooting forum. 4150 registered users. 2054 have never posted. Of the 4150 I'm sure there are more than a few who have multiple screen names depending on which personality is talking in their head that day.