Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE Match

For those wheelies that might be nearby, we are having our 1st of only 4 ICORE matches for 2010 on January 30. Four to Five basic stages with minimal movement. I am expecting High Lord Gomer to come out play. He has been on the injured reserve list, but is starting to move around a little bit. I have promised him the loan of my Carmonized 625 . The weather may be cold , but we hope for the shooting to be hot.

When the weather warms up the next matches will have at least two good size field courses with plenty of movement. :cheers:

I am rather intrigued by these odd guns that do not cycle back and forth like the good Lord and John Browning intended. How does one feed these animals and is every stage 6 rounds becuase of their design limitations?

HLG , You know me better than to ever design a stage with only 6 rounds :roflol: . Our last match of 2009 had two 36 round field courses. But, in order not to scare you off, this months stages will be between 15 and 24. Besides you will have the upper hand on everybody using the highspeed 625 with moons. The rest of us will be going old school with speedloaders and 38's.

How far is that from Warner Robins? I will be there doing some work. I would love to come and play if you'll let me.

We would be more than happy to have you. Warner Robins is about a 2 hour 45 minute drive from Augusta.

PM me if you need more info.

Mark, I had PLANNED to come shoot the Jan. 2010 ICORE with you guys...then, when the Jan. schedule was posted at WORK, I was scheduled for some "OT" that day...GRRR...

You'd think that would NOT happen to someone with 28 years plus in...anyway, I'm TRYING to "Swap" my "OT" for another date...IF I am successful, do you plan on running any "Classifier" Stages? Thanks....mikey357

Mark, I had PLANNED to come shoot the Jan. 2010 ICORE with you guys...then, when the Jan. schedule was posted at WORK, I was scheduled for some "OT" that day...GRRR...

You'd think that would NOT happen to someone with 28 years plus in...anyway, I'm TRYING to "Swap" my "OT" for another date...IF I am successful, do you plan on running any "Classifier" Stages? Thanks....mikey357

More than likely there will be more than one classifier. Hope you can make it. If not you will have three more chances.

Are you shooting STEEL at Griffin Saturday?

Well, I just HATE to sound like a "Fair Weather Shooter" (not REALLY), but...IF the temp is 45F or above...and IF the WIND is 15 KTS or below...I'll be at Griffin on Jan. 2 shooting (at) Steel...otherwise, me an' the two cats, one dog and the MISSUS' will "Sleep In" and STAY WARM...you comin', Mark? I still have your .40 ammo...even know (about) where it is!!!... :roflol: ...Later....mikey357

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested in shooting an ICORE match... but I"m not an ICORE member nor do I know much about the rules.

I've been shooting a 625 in USPSA for the past year... will USPSA gear be acceptable?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott

By all means come on down and shoot with us. We don't sweat the small stuff. Besides I am sure your gear will be fine. No membership required for this match.

Typically we shoot a couple of field courses and then 2 or 3 standard/classifier type stages, but for this first match of the year, it will be all simple stages with minimal run and gun. I just wanted to throw this out in case you travel a long ways expecting big run and gun field courses. My next match will go back to normal with a couple of big run and gun stages, but not this one.

Gomer,

Samuel Colt spoke with the Good Lord about those guns that go round and round before John Browning talked with him about those that go back and forth.

Now if I can just talk the wife into visiting my family in Aiken that weekend.....

Mark passed me the requirements this morning. 106 rds minimum, not a lot of movement. The weather shows cold so be prepared.

Now to go confuse HLG about power factor and reloads.

Remember Mike more power puts a bigger hole in the target so you get more points per shot. And you need to be sure all six rounds fired so pull the trigger an extra six times to be certain before you reload. We do award style points for graceful running and one-legged shooting.

Paul

I am rather intrigued by these odd guns that do not cycle back and forth like the good Lord and John Browning intended. How does one feed these animals and is every stage 6 rounds becuase of their design limitations?

HLG , You know me better than to ever design a stage with only 6 rounds :roflol: . Our last match of 2009 had two 36 round field courses. But, in order not to scare you off, this months stages will be between 15 and 24. Besides you will have the upper hand on everybody using the highspeed 625 with moons. The rest of us will be going old school with speedloaders and 38's.

Honorable HLG, I have your own personal shooting bag fixed and ready to go. I have packed a Carmonized 625, BT DOH Holster, Northmountain Moon holder, and loaded enough moons to shoot the match with a few extra for good measure.