Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Flu

spook

lkytx, look on the bright side, you lost some weight, right? What did you do to require hospitalization? Just let it go too long without treatment?

I wanted to try to shoot yesterday but I just didn't have the energy. Just walking up the steps from my garage gets me winded.

I wanted to try to shoot yesterday but I just didn't have the energy. Just walking up the steps from my garage gets me winded.

Sorry to state the obvious but that's one of the primary causes of relapses and/or progression to pnuemonia. No, not shooting, but over exertion before full recovery. The old "I can tough it out" "Gotta go to work, hack, hack, hack!" "It ain't that bad, hack, hack, hack, hack!" "Hack, call, hack, 911, hack, wheeze!"

Boy Nolan did you nail that one! After having the “flu” for 3 weeks I finally went to the doctor and got a bottle of pills. Yet another week later I was fine but I missed a whole MONTH of shooting! When are we going to smarten up and go to the doctor EARLY? :blink:

Ed

Sorry to state the obvious but that's one of the primary causes of relapses and/or progression to pnuemonia. No, not shooting, but over exertion before full recovery. The old "I can tough it out" "Gotta go to work, hack, hack, hack!" "It ain't that bad, hack, hack, hack, hack!" "Hack, call, hack, 911, hack, wheeze!"

That's a good point. My flu-like thing wasn't as bad as it could have been (I had the shot), but the respiratory part was kicking my butt for a couple of weeks. I wanted to go out and play, but my mommy wouldn't let me.

She was right.

I'm better now.

Chalk up another flu victim. I had the flu shot shortly after Thanksgiving , but succumed to the little Fijian scum virus anyway. I'm just now getting over it after 3 days of missery and fever upto 102 F . I guess the shot gave me some protection as most of my past boughts with Influenza A have lasted longer. It still sucked though. I can't remember a bug that has so quickly poured through the population like this one. Everyone around here has been sick and some schools have even closed due to sick teachers. Probably better those little infection factories stay closed anyway. I haven't even thought about shooting. Hopefully, I'll be getting my long awaited new blaster this week from Kodiak. That should perk me up. I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Merry Christmas to All

Bill

Erik, just tried to tough it out and waited too long. Stupid mistake. Tried to shoot yesterday, match was more of a track meet that a shootin contest. Shoot one stage, another stupid mistake. Did'nt lose much or any weight but I lost the smokes,I GET THE MESSAGE!!!!! Take care guys, this crap can kill you. Larry

Our NRA-type shooting instructor at the range just told me he gets violently ill each time he gets a flu shot. He said he wasn't touchin' one of those THIS time around! Yours truly hasn't had the bug and has never had a flu shot--not wanting to risk getting sick on purpose--and can't inject them foreign bugs into a system what has a new joint implant... infection risk. I'm on my own. But am feeling fine. Everyone at the office had 'it' but I came away unscathed. Everyone who works at the range has had 'it'. I keep getting e-mails from friends who've had some version or other of 'it'. My computer tech had 'it' a week or so ago (which was why the computer rebuild here was running behind schedule). He said the first three days were the worst three days of his life. :wacko:

I just keep several feet between me and everyone else right now. Wash hands frequently and stay warm. :ph34r: