Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Little Some some

JThompson

I don't see anything technically wrong with it. If there are close targets behind the doors, then you might want something stop skip or have the back targets high enough skip can't get there. In the interest of saving props and making it easier for the shooter I like the hardcover on the prop side. It looks like fun stage and would challenge a wheel gun.

RFE: forgot a word

Edited by LPatterson

LOL! So if you bounce them off the barrels and still knock down the steel, it's all good...right? :)

Steel yes, paper depends. :P

Stick a no shoot in front of the barrel so that if they bounce one off the barrel they will get the no shoot first (hopefully will cut down on the shooter trying to cut the shot too close). :cheers:

Joe W.

LOL! So if you bounce them off the barrels and still knock down the steel, it's all good...right? :)

Steel yes, paper depends. :P

Stick a no shoot in front of the barrel so that if they bounce one off the barrel they will get the no shoot first (hopefully will cut down on the shooter trying to cut the shot too close). :cheers:

Joe W.

Hit barrel = Mike :devil:

Wrap the barrels in white paper and call for one procedural per impact. That way you don't have to guess which hit was off the barrels.

Although a bit labor intensive to set up, it would fun in a fairly small 3 sided pit.

Wrap the barrels in white paper and call for one procedural per impact. That way you don't have to guess which hit was off the barrels.

Although a bit labor intensive to set up, it would fun in a fairly small 3 sided pit.

In this case it's only steel beyond the barrels, so you don't have to worry about it. Well, mostly. :)

Hit barrel = Mike :devil:

BWHAHAHAHAH! :devil::bow:

A few cheap cans of white house paint and a roller makes covering the barrels a snap. Any hits can be recovered with spray paint. :)

Joe W.

I was going under the impression that the barrels were plastic. Rounds go through plastic real easy. The paper makes it easy to see a hit half way through a match and any holes can be pasted before the next shooter addressed the COF.

We have found that steel barrels are a no no.

Compact and complex, suits my style. I could see issues with sweeping, setup, and reshoots depending on how the plates are supported. If the shots around the barrels are as tight as they look then keeping them pristine would be an issue unless declared soft cover.

I was going under the impression that the barrels were plastic. Rounds go through plastic real easy. The paper makes it easy to see a hit half way through a match and any holes can be pasted before the next shooter addressed the COF.

We have found that steel barrels are a no no.

Actually Ray they do not go through them well at all. Most hits are found to be glancing and it tends to push them just enough for a mike. The way you handle these without getting into paper and paint or whatever is to declare them softcover, so they still deflect when shot and make the shot harder, but the ROs don't have to hunt for a full diameter hit and then do a reshoot. You would HAVE to do them as soft cover for ease of scoring and the ROs don't want to cut your nuts off.

Edited by JThompson

Compact and complex, suits my style. I could see issues with sweeping, setup, and reshoots depending on how the plates are supported. If the shots around the barrels are as tight as they look then keeping them pristine would be an issue unless declared soft cover.

You are right on both accounts... the way the doors open are there to make you think about how to open them without going home, and those barrels would be declared soft. :cheers:

...they do not go through them well at all. Most hits are found to be glancing and it tend to push them just enough for a mike. The way you handle these without getting into paper and paint or whatever is to declare them softcover so the still deflect when shot and make the shot harder, but the ROs don't have to hunt for a full diameter hit and then do a reshoot. You would HAVE to do them as soft cover too make it easy for scoring and the RO don't want to cut your nuts off.

Were you looking over my shoulder, JT?

I've thought/said exactly that for a long time. I've seen barrels cause some lively discussions when used as hard cover.

...they do not go through them well at all. Most hits are found to be glancing and it tend to push them just enough for a mike. The way you handle these without getting into paper and paint or whatever is to declare them softcover so the still deflect when shot and make the shot harder, but the ROs don't have to hunt for a full diameter hit and then do a reshoot. You would HAVE to do them as soft cover too make it easy for scoring and the RO don't want to cut your nuts off.

Were you looking over my shoulder, JT?

I've thought/said exactly that for a long time. I've seen barrels cause some lively discussions when used as hard cover.

I've seen stages like that with paper targets. You have RO trying to find a grease rings and inspecting barrels all day... not good, makes for some bad attitudes by the end of the day. This way if the steel goes down they are good, no matter if it's off/through a barrel or not. You always get the guy (me) who bounces 2-3 shots off the barrel and can't figure out how they are missing a "called" shot.

As a stage designer I sit back and smile.... :devil:

Edited by JThompson