Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not Making That Call

blue edge

Sunday morning I shot with a club, about one hour & 35 min north of home.

I was in a squad of people from a differant club and I was in a pretty good squad untill ? the first stage, first shooter, The RO says load and make ready.

Well here we find a snap cap! this is bad, this is a match DQ. what is worse it is jammed in the chamber. He then turns around gun still in hand and walks to the table where his bag is to get the the snap cap out!!!!!

Sorry but I woud have sent him to DQ so fast his head would still be spining 2 weeks later

Well he shot all day no DQ.

Just glad I did not have to make the call but the RO was still wrong!

Just venting, I know this is the what I like forum and I liked not being the one that made the WRONG CALL

I am with you.

Went to a match in '98, guy and his wife were shooting, their first match. Wife is up first, LAMR, turn with back to targets, asks to check her pistol, RO says OK. Fans the entire group including the RO.

He did turn her around facing the berm but no DQ. I pleaded my case for the DQ. RO and MD said she was new and didn't know. Made me so mad, that they wouldn't do anything, I LEFT.

No excuses, safety first...

I don't consider the transparent/translucent snap caps "dummy cartridges." You can clearly (no pun intended) see they have no projectile, no propellant, nor a casing.

But what the guy did after the snap cap was discovered certainly deserved a DQ.

Wow...what seems like it should be an automatic DQ gets kinda tough when you go looking to state the rule and circumstances to issue the DQ.

The shooter might have been under to "RO's supervision".

Under the current USPSA rules...you'd have to see if "...on the firing line..." applies. (10.3.3)

In the upcoming rules, I'm not sure there is a DQ here.

Maybe the competitor broke the 180? (since the COF had started at "Load and Make Ready") Or, "sweeping".

Weird.