Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge

For those of you who shot the 2009 match I finally got around to putting up a gallery of photos.

p1062470623-4.jpg

p988211698-4.jpg

As per usual the bulk of my photos can be seen at

www.multigunmedia.com

Enjoy!

Patrick

Patrick,

That is a very cool picture. I had never seen a photo like that before where the flame is just coming out of the barrel and I could make out a blurry line of what I think is the 45 slug. I got to get me a copy of that. Thanks for posting.

Jomar

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed at work until 5 (I'm a teacher) just so I could use my classroom printer...then off to the Fedex Store where it took them 3-4 attempts before the fax went thru at 5:24 pm. I hope the $4 fax charge was worth not sending it snail mail. I know Leah wouldn't want her ex-favorite RO to not be included. :rolleyes:

Shooting Tac-OP Heavy this year since somebody has to show Jomar how to really shoot a 308 :ph34r:

You can show me also. I always do great but then the timer starts.......

I thought Jomar shot HM.

Craig

I do shoot Heavy Metal. I'm just too cheap to buy a scope. ;)

Besides, I'd like to be able to say that when I grow up, I want to be like my idol Eddie Rhodes. :bow:

Jomar

Edited by -=VILLAMOR=-

I was on a scaffold at 5pm , but my wife did the computer work for me. she had to make several try to get something she could Email after the fax went down. she had her Nice scan it and email it back to her so she could send it email

5:30

I stayed at work until 5 (I'm a teacher) just so I could use my classroom printer...then off to the Fedex Store where it took them 3-4 attempts before the fax went thru at 5:24 pm. I hope the $4 fax charge was worth not sending it snail mail. I know Leah wouldn't want her ex-favorite RO to not be included. :rolleyes:

Shooting Tac-OP Heavy this year since somebody has to show Jomar how to really shoot a 308 :ph34r:

You can show me also. I always do great but then the timer starts.......

I thought Jomar shot HM.

Craig

I do shoot Heany Metal. I'm just too cheap to buy a scope. ;)

Besides, I'd like to be able to say that when I grow up, I want to be like my idol Eddie Rhodes. :bow:

Jomar

You also still have young eyes.... At my age, some days I can focus, some days I can't.

Seems the focus days are usually during practice and the non-focus days come at the match. :surprise:

I still have fun shooting irons.

Craig

Edited by spd522

I am starting to get concerned :unsure:. My fax didn't go through until 5:15. I don't think you will ever get in the veteran group. They keep raising the bar.

I know they keep raising the bar, but one can always hope!

Has any one gotten a responce from last Fridays /mondays entry ? In or Out news?

I just did an email to Lear @ DPMSINC.com = I will let you guys know what I hear

Last year I didn't hear anything until July sometime if I remember correctly, could have been late June. I was told that was normal from past competitors. I noticed I was charged the entrance fee shortly before was emailed anything.

In the past we have watched our credit/debit card charges to find out. Then shortly after that we would get the notice from Lea/DPMS. Along with the notification packets,the match hotel is usually listed, so you can make reservations.

Doug

Any estimation on if the Del-tone handgun situation will be solved by the time this match will be taking place... or any estimation on what might happen if the situation isn't solved, such as having the match at another location...?

Any estimation on if the Del-tone handgun situation will be solved by the time this match will be taking place... or any estimation on what might happen if the situation isn't solved, such as having the match at another location...?

:surprise: ?????

Hadn't heard of this. What was the situation?

Craig

Complicated situation with more information on www.del-tone-luth.com web site.

Too far out to make any assumptions at this time but I know it is being worked on by one of the best promoters of the shooting sports. I am guessing any support would be greatly appreciated by both Randy Luth and the gun range.

:surprise: ?????

Hadn't heard of this. What was the situation?

Craig

My bad, I meant to post a link. I'm hoping it is figured out long before then, but was just curious if a fall-back plan might be in the works. I also figure a post here might help draw in nation wide support.

Edited by TruePunisher

I went to the site and read Randy's letter.

Beyond me for the reason of restriction but I know nothing

other than what was posted.

I too hope they get things squared away. They also need to

look at the economic boost to the community in hosting this event.

Booting 250 shooters + guests to another venue is a lot of

revenue lost.

Craig

Link and letter.

http://www.del-tone-luth.com/

Friends of Del-Tone;

On June 8th I was informed by the Zoning dept of Sherburne County that we are in violation of our 1995 Conditional Use Permit (CUP) that was initiated before I purchased the Gun Range in 2002, that CUP allowed for Del-Tone to operate a Rifle range /gun club/range.

The county has taken the position that the CUP does not allow for Handguns to be shot on the range even though they have known for years /decades that handguns have been always used at Del-Tone.I have retained an attorney to assist in this matter and to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime , with regret , we must abide by the order and disallow all handgun shooting until further notice.

Rifles and shot guns are still allowed on the various ranges, just handguns/pistols/revolvers are not allowed until we can sort it out.

I would ask for your patience and support ,as this issue moves forward, I would also hope that you can support me at the township meetings and County Board hearings as we try to get the CUP revised for handguns.

I apologize for this course of action but we have no choice at this point, I will keep you advised through our website , letters and by all means please feel free to call the clubhouse.

Regards

Randy Luth

President Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range