Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA 2004 Slots

Per the USPSA Website:

2004 Nationals Waiting List: We have made some changes to the way the waiting list will work for 2004. Members can still sign themselves up electronically, but there will be a $10 deposit required. This is necessary to cut down on the number of frivolous and multiple sign-ups.

The deposit will work in this way:

If you are offered a slot and accept, the $10 will come off the price of your slot.

If you are not offered a slot, the $10 will be refunded.

If you are offered a slot and decline it, you forfeit the $10.

The wait list will go online MAY 1, 2004

The National Slots Policy that is posted in the Member's section is still the one from 2002 so is of little use.

OK...that is starting to make sense...and seems to be going by the "Slot Distribution Policy" which is stated on the USPSA website (Memebers Section).

How about this...is there anybody that has recieved a call/slot that didn't place at an Area Match?

I was the MD for the 2003 AWARE. As such, Kim informed me that:

"You are to award slots to the top three overall in each qualifying division. A division must have 20 or more competitors to qualify. For instance, if you had at least 20 competitors in your Limited division for your match, you would contact the top three limited finishers and ask them if they are interested in their slot. If they are, forward their name on to me and I will mail their slot. If they are not interested, skip them and go on to the next place, etc etc. Do this for each of the divisions your match recognized that had at least 20 competitors. I will be mailing these out next week, so if you could get the names to me as soon as possible, that would be a great help."

This being my first major match as MD, I was unaware of the slot procedure. As you might imagine, this is no small task, especially when people decline a slot, and I must go "down the list" to find a taker. I received this last Friday, and the slots are going out this week ?!?

Ed

Hi guys,

This is my first post here, so be gentle with me. I thought I would respond to some of your questions and offer clarification where I could.

I am in the process of distributing slots for the 2004 Nationals, as you are all aware by now. The reason for doing this so early is so that any unclaimed slots can be passed to the sections and clubs in a timely manner, immediately after the "activity credit" deadline. This will in turn allow them more time to distribute their earned slots. This is why section coordinators have not yet heard anything from me.

Some other points:

*Slots are not division-dependent this year. You may shoot in whichever division you prefer. In other words, if you won the slot by shooting Limited at an area match, it is not necessary for you to shoot Limited at the Nationals. This is a change from previous years.

*If you were offered a slot, it won't be mailed until next month. Once you receive it, you have until May 10 to return it to me with payment.

*Refunds are allowed, but there will be a small fee. The refund policy is clearly covered on the slot form itself.

*I am distributing slots to area championship winners only at this time. The number of slots I distribute for any particular area is dependent upon the participation at that area match. If you're interested in seeing how that breakdown works, you can view it here at the USPSA Member's Page. It's a .pdf document near the bottom entitled, oddly enough, "Nationals Slot Policy".

*If the first person I contact declines the slot, I go to the next on the list; until the 10th in line. At that time it goes into the pool for clubs and sections.

*You can only win one slot, naturally. If you received more than one call from me it is more than likely because you finished high enough in a couple different matches in order to warrant more than one call. I try very hard to root out duplicates, but I make literally hundreds and hundreds of calls, so it's not unlikely that a few may slip through the cracks.

*You can find area hotel information here at the Quincy Convention and Visitor's Bureau. The staff headquarters hotel has not yet been picked, as we are currently collecting bids.

*I do not now, nor have I ever called returning champions from previous nationals. Those slots are sent out automatically. The only calls I make are for area championship slots.

*We plan to be as accommodating as possible for juniors who wish to shoot the match. If you contact us soon enough in the process we will do whatever is within our power to arrange an accelerated shooting schedule or something along those lines.

Hope this helps. I apologize for the length of this post, I just wanted to be sure to address all questions and concerns thus far. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Kimberley

USPSA Nationals Slot Coordinator :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. :)

Ed, I wanted to clarify something to you from my email. I'll be doing an initial slot mailing this week, but if you can't get all the names to me, it's fine. I'll do another mailing after the holidays. I should have made that more clear in my email, I apologize.

This was easier than I thought. Did I answer everything that needed answering?

Kimberley