Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jentra bump pads

Lawdawg112

Can you use jentra bump pads on your magazines when your shooting a G34 in USPSA production?

Yes you can...

Rule 21.7: OEM and aftermarket magazines and base-pads may be used.

(Edited to add rule number)

Edited by Cy Soto

I'm sorry I stand corrected. I was thinking extentions which are a no no. IF they are IDENTICAL in size, shape (profile)you should be good to go.

Jim

And you're still wrong..... :D :D

From the July 2009 Production Division Rules Revision:

21.7 (New) Magazines:

Prior restrictions on magazines have been lifted. OEM and aftermarket magazines and base-pads may be used. However, any and all magazines used in competition, must fit into the USPSA box while empty and inserted in the handgun as described in item 7 of this appendix. Grip tape and/or skate board tape are specifically allowed on magazines and base-pads.

Basically anything goes, as long as it fits in the box -- G-17 mags in a 19 or 26, 140 basepads on a G-26/7 (fit in my unofficial box), +1 or +2 factory pads.....

You can still only stuff 10 rounds in 'em and it's simple, clean and effective to check at chrono....

Upon further review.... :rolleyes: It "appears" these Jentra bump pads are ADDED to the OEM floor plate. So this could be iffy...but if it fits in the box??? Of course OEM floor plates work just as well.

The gun with the mag with the basepad glued on the bottom fits in the box with plenty of room to spare. The box I used was the one that belonged to Area 3 and was setup with spacers in it so it was at the minimum dimensions. I couldn't find anything that said you can't use them, but you can never be to sure.

Thanks

Rob

I couldn't find anything that said you can't use them, but you can never be to sure.

Thanks

Rob

Rob,

just so you know --- that's not how Production works. As the Board made extremely clear with their Rules interpretation issued earlier this year, in Production you need to be able to point to language that specifically permits a modification you want to make, otherwise you may find yourself playing in open.....

The onus has shifted to the competitor to prove that the blaster is legal for Production....

You can still only stuff 10 rounds in 'em....

For Production Division, can't you have eleven in the mag you load with, ending up with 10 in the mag + 1 in the chamber, and all other mags max of ten at the start signal?

For Production Division, can't you have eleven in the mag you load with, ending up with 10 in the mag + 1 in the chamber, and all other mags max of ten at the start signal?

You have to be very careful stating that as a fact. The real easy way to make this clear is like this: "When the buzzer goes off to start the stage, you can only have 10rds in the mag". If it is a gun unloaded start, you can only have 10 in the mag, if you have 11 in it when the buzzer sounds & the r.o. is doing his job, he will count your shots & if he determines you had 11 in the mag when the buzzer sounded, you will find yourself in open. If it is a gun loaded stage, for convenience sake you can stick a mag with 11 in it & rack the slide, making 1 in the chamber, 10 in the mag when the buzzer sounds. I hope that makes sense?!?!?!?!

MLM

Edited by mlmiller1

Kevin,

on loaded start stages you can.....

I play Production with ten rounders because they work for me and I don't have to keep track of an 11 round mag. After MR, I wind up with 11 in the gun and either 49 or 59 rounds on the belt --- stage dependent....

I keep a different color baseplate on my 11 round mag so i can keep it seperate

Still something to keep track of and the only shooters I've seen moved to open for having too many rounds in the magazine after the start, used an 11 round magazine on an unloaded start stage.....

Thanks, but no thanks! To those of you who can pull that off successfully --- more power to you....

I agree with you eerw, why can I not simply point to rule 21.7 that says that aftermarket base pads are allowed? The gun makes weight and fits in the box with plenty of room so I don't see any issue after the July clarification.

Edited by Lawdawg112