Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PARA ICE

CAMO66

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Will it fit a frame already cut and blended for an S&A magwell?

And is an arched mainspring housing available?

Thanks!

POLarry,

I sent an email to Dawson and unfortunately, the new Ice Magwell won't fit a modified Para frame. They also said that they didn't have any plans to manufacture on at this time. :(

Anyone have the weight on the new Ice Magwell? Would like to know how close it comes to the S&A I currently use.

Thanks,

Brian

Don't know the weight,but the ice is made of aluminum and plastic so I'm sure it's lighter than the steel S&A. If your gun if modified for the s&a magwell the ice will not fit right as stated above.

• 1 month later...

Finally took the plunge and ordered a DP Ice magwell for my P1640 Limited. Worked on installation for a while. Unfortunately the magwell will not fit. With the magwell attached there is no way I can get the mainspring up far enough into the frame to start the pin into the main spring housing. Made sure the allen screw was loose, nothing was haning up. I tried taking the magwell off, installing just the mainspring housing (with and without spring)and it fit fine. The mainspring housing fits about 1/32 higher than my factory housing(with mainspring) with the pin installed. So there is a gap between the bottom of the mainspring housing and the bottom of the frame. Its as though the mainspring housing is too short. The magwell would not sit square on the pistol.

I did see the pin hole is elongated. Wish it was elongated vertically. I hoped it would drop in easily.

The basepads I ordered work great!

I'll call DP tomorrow.

Finally took the plunge and ordered a DP Ice magwell for my P1640 Limited. Worked on installation for a while. Unfortunately the magwell will not fit. With the magwell attached there is no way I can get the mainspring up far enough into the frame to start the pin into the main spring housing. Made sure the allen screw was loose, nothing was haning up. I tried taking the magwell off, installing just the mainspring housing (with and without spring)and it fit fine. The mainspring housing fits about 1/32 higher than my factory housing(with mainspring) with the pin installed. So there is a gap between the bottom of the mainspring housing and the bottom of the frame. Its as though the mainspring housing is too short. The magwell would not sit square on the pistol.

I did see the pin hole is elongated. Wish it was elongated vertically. I hoped it would drop in easily.

I'll call DP tomorrow.

See your post in the Para forum.

Edited by Roy Hess

I'll call DP tomorrow.

Hey Hueycrew anyway you can send us that frame. I would like to see whats going on.

Dave Dawson