Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PARA ICE

CAMO66

I was just wondering why Dawson doesn't make the Ice for the PARAs anymore. I know 2011s are the cats meow now but some of us still like the Paras and need good quality parts for them. I'm new to the game so maybe i missed something thats been said before but I would really like to see these again.

Thanks

Scott

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Can we get some input from DP on this? It seems everyone here one the forum including me wants a Para Ice magwell. Why did DP ever stop making them. My non Ice DP aluminum magwell is all dinged up and looks terrible,I think sometimes the dings in the aluminum magwell stop the mag from going in. I think you guys at DP should come back out with the Ice magwells or at least make them in small lots for us Para shooters. Come on,we all know the Ice magwell is the best! :cheers:

Thanks for the compliment on the Dawson Ice Magwells. We think they're the best, too. :cheers:

The reason that we have discontinued production of the Para Ice Magwell is that when the magwell and Ice insert were installed it made the magwell "thicker" and some mags wouldn't fit.

NEWS FLASH: Because of the requests posted here, we are currently redesigning the Dawson Precision Ice Magwell for Para and should have it available for production soon.

-Chet

Thanks for the compliment on the Dawson Ice Magwells. We think they're the best, too. :cheers:

The reason that we have discontinued production of the Para Ice Magwell is that when the magwell and Ice insert were installed it made the magwell "thicker" and some mags wouldn't fit.

NEWS FLASH: Because of the requests posted here, we are currently redesigning the Dawson Precision Ice Magwell for Para and should have it available for production soon.

-Chet

Oh crap, two more things to buy. :cheers:

-Chet

No wonder you guys are called team awesome. Thanks for listening, I can't wait until the new one comes out.

Will it be flared all the way around like the one for sti? I also have DP mag extensions and modified factory basepads to work with the current DP magwell, will these work with the new ice magwell?

The final design has not yet been programmed but that is our intention - To make the insert in the same style as the 1911 & 2011 Ice magwells. That being said, it sounds like your current magazines will work like a charm.

-Chet

• 2 weeks later...

I sent them an email asking about a time table last friday:

Hello,

I read recently on the Brian Enos website that you had plans to reintroduce the Para Ice Magwell. I am wondering when you are planning on releasing them back into the market. Looking forward to buying one and trying it out.

Thank you,

Brian

To which they replied early this morning:

No, not at this time. There is a regular magwell for Para (see 009-005)

Hmmmm,

B

Keep-the-Faith guys! I spoke with Chet today at Dawson's and they ARE stilling designing the new Ice for Para. He gave me an approximate delivery of two-three months. This is depending on a few factors that Dave is working on. He also had no problem with taking the call and answering all of my questions. What a great group they have there!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just spoke with Dave yesterday on a couple things and asked on the progress. He said that this is straight from the horses mouth: I have been working on the redesign of the magwell and believe I have it figured out! I asked if we would hopefully being seeing them soon. He would not give me a time but yes as soon as he could! Please keep checking back for updates or give them a call to let them know all of our interest.

• 2 weeks later...