Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Single Stack Nationals

My understanding is that was the former practice, however, with the addition of USPSA to the match I am wondering if it will change. WSSSC seemed to have some high round count stages. More reloads=more shots=more fun :-)

I agree. But I just ordered 2 more mags to make sure I didn't run out of rounds, even if I did something stupid like drop a mag on a reload (which I did at A6.) If the round count was limited to 24 per stage I was going to cancel the order for the extra mags.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. But I just ordered 2 more mags to make sure I didn't run out of rounds, even if I did something stupid like drop a mag on a reload (which I did at A6.) If the round count was limited to 24 per stage I was going to cancel the order for the extra mags.

No one ever lost a match because they had too many mags!

Exactly! I carry six but some where carrying more than that this weekend at area 6! Plus having more mags allows you to have a more flexible plan and not having to find 8 every time.

Edited by steel1212

Exactly! I carry six but some where carrying more than that this weekend at area 6! Plus having more mags allows you to have a more flexible plan and not having to find 8 every time.

I learned the hard way that 1 in the gun and 5 on the belt aren't always enough. 1 stage I couldn't finish because I dropped a mag. 2 more stages I finished at slide lock with no mags left. surprise.gif

I don't know if I can fit another 771 on my belt, but I will have 8 mags in my possession one way or another at the start of every stage. If I can't shoot a 32 round stage with 65 bullets I'm in big trouble.

If I can't shoot a 32 round stage with 65 bullets I'm in big trouble.

The question is can you shoot a 32 round stage while fumbling two reloads, having a gun jam requiring a mag change, and shooting 4" steel plates and a Texas star at 50 yards, requiring an extra 15 rounds?

I did a search on the SS nationals "goodie bag" but couldn't find any details on this years set up.

I know we are required to show up at the match hotel during registration to claim our item.

Does anybody have any further information for this year?

For those that are shooting Fri afternoon and all day saturday are suppose to register at the range correct. And we still get a goodie bag right?

The info I printed from the match web site says no gift will be given if you register at Smith & Wesson hall (which I assume is at the range.)

What page did you see that on cause all I saw was # Registration for Thursday/Friday AM will be at the match hotel, from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM.

# Registration for Friday PM/Saturday will be at PASA in Smith & Wesson Hall from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM. That would mean that half the shooters for the match would not be entitled to the sponsor gifts. meaning if you are scheduled to shoot Friday afternoon and all day Saturday you have to show up in Quincy on Wednesday and register between 4pm and 7pm then stay over two nights just to get the gift before you even fire a shot. And I don't think paying for two nights in a hotel room is worth it for the stuff. That just does not sound correct or fair if that is the case.

Edited by gunner40sw

What page did you see that on cause all I saw was # Registration for Thursday/Friday AM will be at the match hotel, from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM.

# Registration for Friday PM/Saturday will be at PASA in Smith & Wesson Hall from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM. That would mean that half the shooters for the match would not be entitled to the sponsor gifts. meaning if you are scheduled to shoot Friday afternoon and all day Saturday you have to show up in Quincy on Wednesday and register between 4pm and 7pm then stay over two nights just to get the gift before you even fire a shot. And I don't think paying for two nights in a hotel room is worth it for the stuff. That just does not sound correct or fair if that is the case.

Thursday Friday shooters must be at the Holiday Inn Wedensday. Friday Saturday shooters at the range Friday and yes you will get your gift if you register at the correct place and time. You will not get your gift if you are shooting Thursday and show up at the range Thursday morning to register. Simple isn't it.

Thursday Friday shooters must be at the Holiday Inn Wedensday. Friday Saturday shooters at the range Friday and yes you will get your gift if you register at the correct place and time. You will not get your gift if you are shooting Thursday and show up at the range Thursday morning to register. Simple isn't it.

But what are the dates and times? This is what I am missing somewhere on the website. Can you help out PLEASE? Where is this information located?

If this is the information, it is too easy....

2010 Match Information

•There are still plenty of spots left for Thursday/Friday shooting.

•Match Dates are April 28th --May 1st, 2010 (Staff only will shoot on the 28th)

•The same format as last year. 180 Shooters on Thursday/Friday AM, 180 Shooters on Friday PM/Saturday.

•We will begin accepting Registration postmarked on or after December 9, 2009, watch this site and the USPSA site for the announcement.

•At least 16 - 18 intense stages plus Chronograph.

•36 Squads with a maximum of 10 shooters per squad.

•Staff will shoot the match on Wednesday for scores. No other competitors may shoot on Wednesday.

•No golf carts are allowed on the range without the express written permission of the Match Director.

•Registration for Thursday/Friday AM will be at the match hotel, from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM.

•Registration for Friday PM/Saturday will be at PASA in Smith & Wesson Hall from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM.

•We are attempting to do confirmations via email, so those of you who have provided an email address you will receive your confirmation through your email. Those who did not provide an email address will receive a hardcopy through snail mail in the near future.

Edited by Zerwas

Ok, The match is in a few days.

Has the round count been officially posted? I know this seems stupid but some airlines limit the weight of ammo. I want to know if I need to ship my ammo or if I will be able to carry on the airline.

Has the stage diagrams been posted?

Ok, The match is in a few days.

Has the round count been officially posted? I know this seems stupid but some airlines limit the weight of ammo. I want to know if I need to ship my ammo or if I will be able to carry on the airline.

Has the stage diagrams been posted?

247 rounds min. I'll see about getting the stages posted on Tuesday or Wednesday.

One warning thought if you are shooting Thursday - Friday check in may be a problem. Obama is going to be in Quincy Wednesday and it may have traffic stopped or tied up.

Russell

From my confirmation letter

This letter is to confirm your entry in the 2010 Single Stack Nationals match. Your entry has been received, you have been registered in the match and you are scheduled to shoot on:

FRIDAY PM/SATURDAY

Unless otherwise notified, you have also been squadded per your request. To verify your entry and all personal information you may go to www.1911ssc.org. Here you will find an alpha list (there is a link on the Registration page of the website), please check your USPSA membership number, category, etc. If there are corrections that need to be made, please contact Bill Davis (xxxxxx@1911ssc.org) and corrections will be made. Please note changes have been made in the cancelation/withdrawal policy of the match; you can find those changes on the website.

If you are shooting Thursday/Friday; registration will be at the match hotel (Holiday Inn, Quincy, IL) from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. If you are shooting Friday/Saturday; registration will be at PASA Park, from 8:30 AM a.m. to 11:30 AM. As we have done in the past for those who register at the match hotel on the date and time designated, there will be gift given. If you cannot make it to the designated registration time, you may pick up your packet on the day you shoot at Smith & Wesson Hall, but there will be no gift given. You also cannot have someone else pick up your gift, since a waiver for the match must be signed and these must be done in person and witnessed.

There are between 18-20 stages with an approximate round count of 250. Please read the USPSA rulebook for information on holsters, equipment placement, gun box, etc. This information and compliance is the competitor's responsibility. Shooter's meeting will be a will take place one half hour prior to shooting times, all competitors are to be present. Squad list, squad schedule, and stage descriptions will be in the Match book. You will receive the match book at Registration.

We will continue the contingency program through Springfield Armory. Those who compete with a Springfield Armory gun and do well enough to win a prize gun (usually a Springfield GI), will be allowed to upgrade to a custom built 1911 (until all the custom guns are claimed.

If you have any questions, please seek the answer on the website. If the answer is not on the website you may contact me via email. Look forward to seeing you at the match.

Bill Davis

Seattle, WA

Scott

Are you still confused about registration?

If you are shooting Thursday/Friday; registration will be at the match hotel (Holiday Inn, Quincy, IL) from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. If you are shooting Friday/Saturday; registration will be at PASA Park, from 8:30 AM a.m. to 11:30 AM. As we have done in the past for those who register at the match hotel on the date and time designated, there will be gift given. If you cannot make it to the designated registration time, you may pick up your packet on the day you shoot at Smith & Wesson Hall, but there will be no gift given. You also cannot have someone else pick up your gift, since a waiver for the match must be signed and these must be done in person and witnessed.

If you shoot Thur/ Fri then you are suppose to register at the match hotel hence you get your goodies but if you shoot Fri/Sat you are not suppose to register at the match hotel. Fri/ Sat shooters are suppose to register at the range only hence where they get their goodies.

This is my first nationals. Just hope the weather holds and I don't blow too many stages.

The hotel guy told me BHO is speaking around 4 or 5pm Wednesday on the opposite end of town from the match hotel, so there shouldn't be any traffic issues getting to the hotel.

Edited by mpthole

Scott

Are you still confused about registration?

If you shoot Thur/ Fri then you are suppose to register at the match hotel hence you get your goodies but if you shoot Fri/Sat you are not suppose to register at the match hotel. Fri/ Sat shooters are suppose to register at the range only hence where they get their goodies.

I'm good. Just trying to help out Zerwas.